Christmas Gifts Reveal, Day 2

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'm, finally, back, again, with another, Christmas, gift reveal!  It's been a crazy day, but I've got so much accomplished, thanks to my friend taking Ezekiel, to play with her son, for the day.  Thanks, Tammy!  You're the BEST!  Today's gifts were made for my nieces and nephews.
They're super, simple, art, supply pails, which I dressed up with Cricut-cut, patterned, paper circles adhered to the lids and embellished with cardstock-covered, chipboard, monogram letters...
and a bunch of ribbons to dress up the handles, including hemp twine and dyed, with Glimmer Mists, and crinkled, seam binding, ribbon bows.  Check out all these pics!  Here's Madison's...
Jenna's...
Hunter's...
Deidra's...
and Grant's.
I didn't want to do too much dressing up when it came to the insides of the pails, because I knew that all the art supplies would be tossed in and pulled out, and whatever I might have done wouldn't have stayed looking nice for long.  Each bucket was, also, paired with a doodle pad before delivery...
and everyone was super excited!  Yihoo!  More happy recipients make all those late nights, on my end, so worthwhile!
Oh!  And I couldn't resist making a few more of The Purl Bee's Molly's Sketchbook: Rose Barrettes tutorial roses...
and stitching them to hair bands to bundle up the girls' markers.  The boys' were just tied together with ribbons.  Sorry guys!
Please check out here and here for more ways that I've put these roses to good use.  Hope to see you all back here, tomorrow, for my final, Christmas, gifts, reveal post.  We've got company coming soon, so I'm off running.  Have a wonderful night!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Pacific Point, Pretty in Pink, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, & Green Gable (SU); multi-colored, diamond patterned (Bo-Bunny); yellow, doily patterned (Crate Paper); polka dot patterned (Creative Imaginations); all other patterned (unknown) Other: chipboard alphas (SU); hemp twine; white, seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); Yellow Daisy, Key Lime Pie, Jack Frost, Pink Bubblegum, and Candy Apple Glimmer Mists (Tattered Angels); Harvest Gold, grosgrain & Plum Pudding & Enchanted Evening, saddle-stitch ribbons (PTI); various other ribbons (Hobby Lobby); plastic buckets (Stamper's Ink); felt (JoAnn Fabrics); hair bands; embroidery floss

6 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

How much fun THESE would be to receive...so colorful and fun!

Sabrina said...

I just love those Doodle Buckets you you made for the children! Such a fun, bright, and cheerful gift! I wouldn't mind an adult version. Something for me to consider for some of my creative a crafty friends. Birthdays? Easter? Just Because? Thanks for sharing with us!

AnitaRex said...

Jinny! This is such a great idea! I am so going to do this! What a fabulous idea!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Boy, any kid would LOVE to receive a pail like this! I have always loved crayons, and it would've been a dream come true for me.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Adorable gifts and a lot of fun too. Happy New Year! :)

Fiona said...

what a brilliant gift idea Jinny :)