Christmas Rewind

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The festivities began, on Christmas Eve, at my parents' house, with my Mom and Dad, of course; my Grandpa; the cousins, Grant, Deidra, Hunter, Adina, Ezekiel, Madison, and Jenna (from left to right, in the photo below)...
my big sister, Jamie (pictured with her kiddos)...
my little sister, Jana, and her husband, Corey...
and my little brother, Jason, and his dog, Buster.
We enjoyed a yummy, soup lunch, put together by all of us; were reminded of the Christmas story, complete with an interactive, manger scene (Everybody got to add their piece as it was introduced in the story.)....
had a little time for prayer...
opened stockings and gifts from everyone; and just enjoyed time together.
Oh!  And look at this sweet, little, doll house headboard, that my Dad made for Adina!  Please teach woodworking to my hubby, Dad!  This is just beautiful!
And a few, more, Christmas Eve pictures, just because I love them.  What a sweet pair!
Here's Adina all covered with chocolate lips...
and swooning over my big sister's dog, Penny.
And finally, one of me with my handsome hubby, just because there, simply, aren't enough of those.  I'll have a few, more pictures, of Christmas, with my family, to share, over the next few days, during my Christmas Gifts Reveal posts, which all begins later this afternoon.  So, please be sure to check back!
Fortunately, we had an uneventful drive home (The warmer temperatures kept what little snow we did get from sticking.) and were ready to celebrate, yet again, after a good night's rest, on Christmas morning.  Ezekiel took charge and told BJ that he was giving him a break this year.  He read us Santa's Favorite Story by Hisako Aoki.
Then, he quoted Jesus' birth, from Luke 2:8-14, from memory (See here.), prayed for us, and declared it time to open gifts.  Too funny!
But what a blessed Christmas it was!
Even our table was filled with more food than any four people, alone, can possibly eat, including Cinnamon Raisin Bread Custard, cheesy eggs, turkey bacon, and yogurt parfaits for breakfast...
and a brine turkey, that my hubby doctored so diligently (He said that it was the best turkey he'd ever eaten.  It just fell right off the bone!  I've never seen that with turkey before!); mashed potatoes; Green Bean Casserole; cinnamon Jell-O, minus the whipped topping, which all got used for Jesus' birthday cake; and homemade, dinner rolls, fresh from the oven, with apple butter, for dinner.
Oh!  And Mississippi Mud Cake, too, which I'll never make ever again. It was super, stinkin' yummy, but it weighed 10 pounds!  For real!  Yikes!
From my family to yours, may your 2011 be filled with loved ones and bring you extraordinary peace and joy!

3 comments:

AnitaRex said...

That cake looks HUGE in the family pic! I think you should share the recipe with me! Love seeing your family photos! Looks like a great Christmas!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Everyone looked happy with their new stuff! Glad you had a fun holiday. Happy New Year, Jinny!

Rae said...

How nice. It looks like you all had a beautiful day. That is what it is all about. (That cake does look big, but it also looks delicious!)