ColourQ #62

Friday, December 10, 2010

I just LOVE the smells of Christmas!  BJ and I have our first, kid-less, Christmas party, of the season, tonight; and I've got a pumpkin roll, cooling on our kitchen counter, to take with us.  Oh, my gracious, does it smell scrumptious!  My stomach is growling, even as I type!  I promised, to show you all, a fun, little, Christmas tag, that I made, today.  So, without further ado, here it is.
I started, this tag, by stamping the snowman image, in Jet Black ink, on a Cricut-cut, from white cardstock, tag; coloring him with Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Bordering Blue inks and a blender pen; and adding a little Crystal Effects for the snow and snowflakes.
I, then, layered a couple of patterned papers and a punched strip of Real Red cardstock, along the bottom of the tag, under the snowman; machine stitched, between the connections, with straight, as well as zig-zag, white-threaded stitches; and wrapped a turquoise ribbon, around the tag face, over the green, polka dot, patterned paper and tied it, in a bow, just left of center.
A little, red, Baker's Twine and a jingle bell, complete the look.
My color inspiration, for this project, came from ColourQ's Challenge #62.
Before I run, I'm soooo honored, to tell you all, that TWO of my creations, one here and another back here, were up on the CREATE: blog, yesterday, for Paige's Quick & Easy to Replicate Christmas Cards Challenge.  Yihoo!  And how exciting!  Run on over to get all the inspiration you need for those holiday, card creations.  That is, if you're, still, busy making yours.  We just send out photo cards and a Christmas letter.  I think that I'd quickly loose my love for the craft, if I had to make that many cards at once, or even had to think about them all year round, making a few here and there.  But for those of you that do, more power to you!  I'll be back, tomorrow morning, with another Scrappy Saturday Challenge.  Until then, have a fantastic start to your weekend, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Holiday Tag Team (SU) Paper: Real Red (SU); white (Georgia Pacific); green, polka dot patterned (Paper Studio); yellow, script patterned (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, & Bordering Blue (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: Crystal Effects & Scallop punch (SU); white thread & sewing machine; jingle bell; Baker's Twine (AR Designs); turquoise ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

6 comments:

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Jinny, I LOVE this little tag - it's SO PERFECT! Adding the bell was the perfect touch, too! Thanks so much for joingin us at the colourQ this week, your projects are VERY inspiring! And congrats on having your card featured!

lynn said...

congrats on your cards features, jinny!! this cute tag is darling, too!

Ann said...

Oh my, this is CUTE!

Sylvia said...

Super cute tag, Jinny! Christmas is not just for children! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week! Happy Holidays>

LeAnne said...

Absolutely adorable!

Laurie said...

I love the layers of color and the stitching! Great job on the snowman too! So cute!!