Embellish Layouts Color Challenge

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's another, crazy cold morning out there!  Our weather people are, even, predicting freezing rain and snow for this afternoon.  Snow is great!  I mean, it is almost Christmas, but freezing rain.  Ick!
I started this super simple page, inspired by this layout by designer Danielle Flanders, with my pictures and a journaling card, which served as the base for my sticker-created, "FAMILY memories" title.
I rounded out the trio with a brown, Vintage-Style button, laced with a Baker's Twine bow, and a "2008" date, created from stickers.
After adhering punched, from various, patterned papers and Cherry Cobbler cardstock, hearts, just at their centers, I ran back-and-forth, straight, machine stitches, through their centers, to connect each column and finish the look.
Further inspiration, for this layout, came from Embellish's Layouts Color Challenge.
I just love that this layout used up a few more of my November, Jenni Bowlin, kit contents; because my December kit arrived, in the mail, this weekend!  Yihoo!  Oh!  I cannot wait to show you what I've been working on, using lots of these scrumptious treats, but it'll have to wait until after Christmas.  Mwa ha ha!
Here's the deets:

  • 1 Poinsetta Posies Coredinations Cardstock paper
  • 1 yellow Bazzil Cardstock paper
  • 1 green Bazzil Cardstock paper
  • 1 Creative Imaginations white line scalloped paper
  • 1 Sassafras IndieGirl paper--Affection
  • 1 Sassafras Mix and Mend-Fancy Free
  • 1 Studio Calico Elementary Collection paper--Penmanship
  • 1 Pink Paislee - Pretty Lace
  • 1 Pink Paislee - Picture Perfect
  • 1 Basic Grey Doily
  • 1 set of 7 Gypsies Mini Label stickers---Naked color
  • 1 sheet of Sassafras Nerdy Glitter alpha stickers
  • 1 package of Jenni Bowlin Studio Vintage Mini Bingo Calendar
  • 2 Small and 1 Large Maya Road Transparencies
  • 1 Pillow Box, containing the following:
    • 2 Maya Road Green Stick Pins
    • Studio Calico Notions
    • Sassafras Vintage Brooch
    • 1 XL Book Turn
    • Yellow yarn
That's all for today, but I'll be back, tomorrow, with another, papercrafty goody.  I'm off to get a little, house cleaning done.  I'm, also, craving a batch of Molasses Crinkles, but we'll just have to see if everyone cooperates for that to get accomplished :).  Thanks so much for stopping by!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Cherry Cobbler (SU); all patterned (Jenni Bowlin) Other: red thread & sewing machine; journaling card, Vintage-Style button, & cream, date stickers (Jenni Bowlin); fabric, alpha stickers (Prima); red, Tiny Type stickers (Cosmo Cricket); Baker's Twine (AR Designs); heart punch (EK Success)

9 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Wow! I really like the heart stitched embellishments! Love it! Thanks for joining Embellish!

Jaclyn Miller said...

oh, your layout is just soooo beautiful. Those hearts look like they want to fly off the page. Thanks for screwing my head back on for me, you are right about the OTWC deadline. I corrected it. That's holiday stress for ya. :)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

What a beautiful layout. I love all of the little hearts and embellies. :)

Savitri said...

So so pretty, Jinny!! I love the hearts, how it's sewn in like that.

Jenny said...

So very pretty Jinny! LOVE IT!! :) :) :)

Angela said...

Love the hearts and stitching on your layout (and that kit looks awesome, too!).

Laurie said...

What a sweet layout! I love the family pics!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on your spotlight from Embellish, stunning page.

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

What a great layout, Jinny! Congrats on your spotlight on Embellish!