GS#67 & CR84FN6

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Since my post, this morning, when I was looking for things to keep my kiddos busy inside, while the weather was freezing outside, I haven't had much luck.  We did get the Play-Doh out, for a while, but things ended up working out well anyway.  Adina was up, during her afternoon nap, complaining of her ear hurting; so, she ended up sleeping until about an hour ago but hasn't said anything about it since (PTL!), and Ezekiel went to work cleaning out things in his room.  I got him started, this morning; when we organized his closet shelves with new, storage bins.  Now, that we have all his books out of his closet and onto our new bookcase, he has tons of room.  Yihoo!  Anyhow, they're both playing together, so well, now, that I don't want to interfere and thought that I'd bring you all one, more, papercrafty take, for the day, before I run make dinner.
I started, this card, by trimming the bottom front of my Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face with a punched strip of Bashful Blue cardstock.  I, then, ran a white-threaded, straight, machine-stitch frame around three of its edges...
and trimmed it, across the bottom, just above the punched strip of Bashful Blue cardstock, with a length of pink, velvet ribbon, tied, in a bow, just right of center.
I, then, stamped my hearts, in Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, and Crumb Cake inks, on white cardstock and hand cut them out.
The largest, pink heart was white embossed with the "i love you" sentiment...
and the two, smallest, Pretty in Pink and Crumb Cake hearts were glittered; before they all were adhered, haphazardly, in a row, just above the ribbon, some flat to the card face and others with dimensionals.
My inspiration, for this card, came from Get Sketchy's Sketch #67...
and Cupcake's Creations' Create For Fun: Color Challenge #6.
I'm, also, playing along, with the Card Creations: Favorite Occasions Week Love Challenge, in the Moxie Fab World.  And like I said before, this isn't my first post, today; so, be sure to scroll down to my, earlier, Sketchy Thursdays & CCG169 post, before you run.  Thanks again for stopping by!  Have a great night, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Sweet Nothings (Wplus9); I {Heart} Hearts (SU) Paper: Crumb Cake & Bashful Blue (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, & Pretty in Pink (SU); VersaMark Other: white thread & sewing machine; Scallop punch & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); white embossing powder (Ranger); pink, velvet ribbon (May Arts); dimensionals

15 comments:

Karen B. said...

This card is beautiful Jinny, I especially like the textures of the ribbon and the stitching. Is crumb cake the new kraft? I haven't ordered paper in for such a long time!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful design. I love the stitching and the stamped hearts :)

Andrea M said...

OMG!!! Jinny, I love, love, love your card!!!! This is so, so pretty!!! Love your take on Mona's color challenge! Fabulous work!!!

Laurel said...

What a great card, love the hearts!

Laurel said...

What a beautiful card, love the hearts!

lotte chew said...

Jinny, this is beautiful!! love the colors and the hearts!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh dear Jinny! What a pretty card full of love :) Lovin' all the hearts and velvet ribbon! Thanks so much for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

Linda Beeson said...

I so love that pink and blue hearts, what a great color scheme.

Elisa K said...

You card is gorgeous... I love all the hearts. Thanks for playing along this week at Get Sketchy...
Hugs

Wendy said...

SO cute...love all the hearts,the ribbon and textures. I just got my first paper craft magize issue...yay! and your card feels like it belongs in one of the pages with all the valentine inspiration in the magazine. Love that I love you.

Debgem said...

Wow!! This is such a lovely card. I like the texture and layers you've put in. Wonderful!!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this card! LOVE the hearts! And I can't believe how Fab your bow turned out with that velvet ribbon! GREAT card!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for entering the Card Creations: Favorite Occasions Week Love challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

anum said...

SOOO......BEAUTIFUL..

anum said...

Please send cards in my account.