OTWC37 & WMSC27

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I have a sweet, little, Christmas number, for you all, today.
I started, this card, by distressing the edges of the Pretty in Pink, cardstock, card face, as well as the edges of a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks and spritzing the card base with Creamy Caramel and Pretty in Pink inks.
I, then, ran a white-threaded, straight, machine-stitch frame around the outside edges of the prepped, Crumb Cake cardstock; stamped the 'MAY YOUR HOLIDAYS sparkle AND shine" sentiment, in Crumb Cake ink, in its bottom center; and adhered it to the bottom center of my prepped, card face.
The wreath was made by wrapping a pink, decorative trim, several times, around the edges of a circle cut from textured, Whisper White cardstock; embellished with clear gemstones, as well as a sheer, white, satin-trimmed ribbon, tied in a bow and dressed up with a pink button, laced with hemp twine; and adhered, in the top center of the card face, above the sentiment.
Finally, I stamped the candle stem, which was, actually, the ornament string from Classic Christmas, in Pretty in Pink ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; hand cut it out; adhered it to the center of a bottle cap, which was, in turn, adhered in the bottom center of the wreath, just above the embellished bow; and topped it with a stamped, in Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust inks, on Whisper White cardstock, hand-cut, and glittered flame, which was, really, the tip of one of the peacock's feathers from Magical Moments.
My inspiration came from Off the Wall Craftiness' Challenge #37...
and Waltzingmouse's Sketch Challenge #27.
Believe it or not, even amidst the business of the holiday season, I've, still, been papercrafting and will be back, tomorrow, with a sweet, little trio of tags to show you all.  Oh!  And I did get those tasty Molasses Crinkles baked.
Ooooo! If I had to make a list of the best, Christmas treats, these would be at the top of it!  I cannot seem to find a recipe online, even, close to the one I use, and I don't want to break any copyright laws.  So, I'll just tell you that it comes from Mennonite Country-Style Recipes & Kitchen Secrets by Esther H. Shank.
I use this recipe book ALL THE TIME!!  It would make a fantastic, Christmas gift for all those cooks/bakers in your lives!  I, even, whipped up a batch of pumpkin dip to go with them.  Now, that recipe I can share!  It comes from http://www.cooks.com/.
Pumpkin Dip
4 c. powdered sugar
2-8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese
1 can (30 oz.) pumpkin pie filling
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger

Combine sugar and softened cream cheese until well blended.  Beat in remaining ingredients.  Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
 
Don't forget that you have until the close of tomorrow to enter Wee Memories' Scrappy Saturday Challenge: CASE Your FavoriteIn the meantime, stay warm and have fun with your holiday preparations, ya'll!
 
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Classic Christmas & Magical Moments (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake, Pretty in Pink, & textured, Whisper White (SU) Ink: Crumb Cake, Pretty in Pink, Creamy Caramel, Pumpkin Pie, & Really Rust (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread & sewing machine; pink trim (May Arts); pink button, bottle cap, & clear gemstones (Paper Studio); hemp twine; Color Spritzer tool & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); sheer, white, satin-trimmed ribbon (Hobby Lobby); circle template (Fiskars)

12 comments:

Jaclyn Miller said...

Love it Jinny - and just before the deadline. ;) Glad you played along with OTWC!

Julia Aston said...

Love your wreath and the pretty pink color of this - how fun to use the bottle cap - I just found a bag of them while cleaning up my craft room! those cookies look yummy too! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful & Stunning. I love the design and the color. Mmmm mmmm I love cookies. :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Love the pink dainty wreath and the treats look scrumptious! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Amy said...

Love this wreath you created especially with that cute little candle in the center! Thanks for playing along with OTWC this week!

Amy said...

I forgot to mention that those cookies look AWESOME!!! I love molasses cookies...I'm going to find that cookbook! :) Thanks for sharing!

Kelly S. said...

A totally fun and unique design! Love the way you have the candle featured inside the beautiful pink leafy wreath!

Laurie said...

WOWZERS! This is fantastic! I love how you turned that gorgeous trim into an even more gorgeous wreath! This is an amazing card! And yummo on the pumpkin dip too!

Sandy Ang said...

Such an eye-catching card and love your detail shots. The unexpected bottle cap is such a nice touch amidst all the soft prettiness.
Your son's just adorable with his google idea.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jinny, I saw that you had won at WMSC (I think it was) and was so happy for you! This is a really neat, inventive card. Congrats!

Sue Lelli said...

This is without a doubt one of the most BEAUTIFUL and CREATIVE cards I have EVER seen! WOW!

lotte chew said...

beautiful!!! love all the details on the card!