PDCC58

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What a whirl the last couple of days have been!  The Christmas season sure brings the hustle and bustle with it.  I'm sooo happy to say that I just have a couple of stocking stuffers to pick up to have all my Christmas shopping complete.  That, however, doesn't mean that my handmade gifts are ready to go.  I've got so much to do, but I'm taking a break to thank a friend with this card creation.
I started this card by stamping the flourishes, in Moonlight White ink, on a piece of Real Red cardstock; framing it with white cardstock; machine stitching a white-threaded, straight-stitch frame around its inside edges; and adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I, then, clear embossed the "THANK you" sentiment, inside the stitching, in the bottom center of the card face.
A crinkled, white, seam binding ribbon...
wrapped around the top of the card face, horizontally; tied in a dressy bow; and embellished with a Pure Poppy button, laced with a red, Baker's Twine bow, completes the look.
I've created this card for the Card Creations: Favorite Occasions Week Thank You Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, and my color inspiration came from The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #58.
Before I run get some house cleaning done, I'm so happy, to tell you all, that I was named a ColourQ Courtier for my sweet, little, DeNami, turtle, tag creation.  Thanks, Arielle!  I just love playing along with your color combos!  Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Giga Guidelines (PTI); Flourishes v2 (Autumn Leaves) Paper: Crumb Cake & Real Red (SU); white (Georgia Pacific) Ink: Moonlight White (Brilliance); VersaMark Other: clear embossing powder (SU); white thread & sewing machine; Pure Poppy button (PTI); Baker's Twine (AR Designs); white, seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop)

9 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I just love that binding! LOOOOOOVE it! LOOOOOOOOVE it! I love this card--gorgeous! You rocked this challenge:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

Angi @ CokiePop said...

I'm loving that crinkled ribbon and the beautiful colors. Fab design. :)

Wendy said...

I really do love that bow with that ribbon and how you finished it with the button and the twine. Very pretty card.

Betsy V said...

Jinny, this is such a beautiful card! I love the white on red...so festive!

Simone said...

This is so gorgeous! I love that crinkled ribbon and how it looks like a flower around the button!

cindy said...

Very pretty card. Nice job.

Ruby said...

Fab job with our colours! Love how you've done the ribbon detail! Well done for nearly finishing your Christmas shopping! Still doing mine! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Shirl said...

I think this card is simply elegant! Those flourishes look really great on the red background, and the wrinkle ribbon is simply the icing on the cake! :)

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for entering the Card Creations: Favorite Occasions Week Thank You Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)