PDCC59

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gracious!  I sure hope that it's warmer where you are than where I am!  I could really do with a much longer fall and spring than summer and winter.  Gotta tell ya! 
I started this card by clear embossing the solid, flower images on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; distressing it; coloring over it with Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans Distress Inks; embossing, in Elegant Eggplant ink, the three, forefront flowers to the left edge of the piece; and filling them in with turquoise glitter.
A sheer, blue ribbon was wrapped around and near the base of the prepped piece; tied in a dressy bow, just to the right of center; and embellished with a stamped, in Faded Jeans Distress Ink, on a hand-cut, Whisper White, cardstock tag, "THANKS" sentiment.
I, then, machine stitched a strip of Pacific Point cardstock, along its top and bottom edges, with white-threaded, straight stitches; adhered it, horizontally, near the bottom of the Elegant Eggplant, cardstock, card face...
and attached the, previously, prepped piece, centered, above and, slightly, overlapping its top edge.
My color inspiration, for this card, came from The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #59.
So, my friend Laurie tagged me, this morning, and I thought it would be fun to answer her questions and pass it on!

1. Four shows that you watch:
  • Castle
  • The Good Wife
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
2. Four things you are passionate about:
  • God
  • My family and being a mom
  • Children's books
  • Papercrafting
3. Four words/phrases you say a lot:
  • Sit down!
  • What were you thinking?
  • Dillweed
  • Ginormous (I swear that I was the first person to EVER say this word, but now, everyone uses it!)
4. Four things you've learned from the past:
  • What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
  • Everybody makes mistakes.
  • God has a plan for the things I mess up.
  • Not everybody matures with age.
5. Four places you would like to go:
  • Australia
  • Japan
  • Spain
  • Hawaii
6. Four things you did yesterday:
  • Worked on Christmas presents
  • Caught up on the laundry and changed all the bed sheets
  • Read and cuddled with my kiddos
  • Avoided the outdoors
7. Four things you are looking forward to:
  • A break, from school, for the holiday season
  • Christmas
  • Getting to see my children grow into the people God has called them to be
  • Financial freedom
8. Four things you love about winter:
  • Pumpkin Spice Lattes
  • Christmas
  • Playing in the snow
  • It leads to spring.
9. Tag 4 people to play along:
Oh!  And I was named a ColourQ Queen for this sweet, little, Christmas tag!  Eeek!  So excited!  Thank you so much, ladies!
Okay... I'm off to work on another, Christmas gift.  I was hoping to have our Christmas letters out of my hands and in the mail today, but the portrait studio messed up our greeting card order; and now, we'll be lucky to have them before the end of the week!  Grrr!  So frustrating!  I don't need anything extra to do next week!  Ya know?!  I hope you're all enjoying all your preparations for Christmas and not getting too overwhelmed, like myself.  Thanks so much for peeking in, and have a terrific Tuesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Woodgrain Silhouettes, Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions, & The Birds & the Bees (Wplus9) Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Pacific Point, & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Elegant Eggplant (SU); Tumbled Glass & Faded Jeans (Ranger); VersaMark Other: white thread & sewing machine; sheer, blue ribbon (Hobby Lobby); clear embossing powder (SU); turquoise glitter (K&Company)

3 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVIN' LOVIN' LOOOOOOVIN' those glittered flowers! And that sheer bow--oh my! This has great detail!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the color story over at the PDCC:}

Julie Ranae said...

Really lovely design, Jinny....love how you used the bold colors for this week! Congrats on ColourQ and it was great to learn more about you in the 'tag'...I was tagged myself, so I guess I need to get busy! : )

Karen B. said...

So beautiful Jinny! And it was great to learn a little bit about yourself, too! I'll be posting mine soon, thanks for the honor.