PDCC60

Monday, December 20, 2010

Oh, my gracious!  It has been one of those days!  My baby girl is getting her two-year molars, and she is, almost, unbearable, even filled with Ibuprofen, to be around!  This morning, we took a trip to JoAnn's to pick up a few, art supplies, and I came back with the biggest migraine ever!  Thankfully, my hubby was home, for lunch, soon after, to rescue me.  I went to the bedroom and closed the door, while he feed the kiddos lunch and put Adina down for her nap.  The next thing I knew I was waking up, around 3 pm, to her talking in the next room.  She had just woke up from her nap.  I, still, have a bit of a headache.  I guess that's given for all the late nights and whining from my baby girl, but as of this minute, my head doesn't feel like it's going to fall off!  All that said, I'm baaaack, as promised, in my previous, Weekend Snapshots post, with that card set, Christmas gift, that I made for one of my favorite neighbors.  Am I allowed to pick favorite neighbors?  Honestly, we have been so blessed with such wonderful neighbors... one and all!
Let's take a look at one up close and personal.
I started, this card, by stamping the bumblebees and the bumblebee trail, in Basic Black ink, on Very Vanilla cardstock, colored them with Barely Banana ink, and glittered their wings.
I, then, trimmed the stamped piece, across the bottom, with chain, patterned paper; ran a black-threaded, straight, machine stitch around their edges...
trimmed the space between them with a length of Raven, lace trim; and adhered the prepped piece to the Barely Banana, cardstock, card face.
Finally, I wrapped a length of twill tape, around the card face, just below the lace trim and tied it, in a bow, just right of center, to complete the look.
As seen above, it was duplicated four times over.  It was, then, bundled, with envelopes, in a clear, cellophane bag, which was secured with, in sticking with coordinating materials, a, slightly, wider length of twill tape.  I left this little, card set free from a sentiment on purpose; because I thought, in doing so, it would give the recipients more freedom to use them for whomever and whatever they please.
My color inspiration came from The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #60.  Just LOVE "Color Splash" time at The Play Date Cafe!
Oh!  And I, totally, cannot believe that I forgot, to tell you all, in my earlier post, that over the weekend, I was named a Top Mouse, for this creation, over at Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge...
AND I made Embellish's What's Hot list for this pretty, little thing!
Yippeee!  I, still, am, always, in awe; ever so humbled; and, literally, rendered speechless by each recognition.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, ladies, for recognizing my creations amongst all those other talented crafters!  My cup runneth over!  Have a wonderful, Christmas week, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: The Birds and the Bees (Wplus9) Paper: Barely Banana & Very Vanilla (SU); chain patterned (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Basic Black & Barely Banana (SU) Other: black thread & sewing machine; twill tape, Dazzling Diamonds, & Raven, lace trim (SU)

4 comments:

Tracey said...

LOVE your bumble bee set!!! AND HUGE CONGRATS on your recognitions WOW!!

Michele Gross said...

Woo Hoo!! Congrats girl on Embellish! That is HUGE :D LOVE those glittery bumble bee wings~ SWOON!!

Fiona said...

Sorry to hear about your little girl Jinny - teething is just ugh.... great card set too :)

Ayana Posadas said...

Hope your little girl feels better soon, Jinny. This is such a cute bumble bee card set. I love it! Oh, and big congrats on your Embellish win. Yay! :)