Scrappy Saturday Challenge #34

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Welcome to Wee Memories' Scrappy Saturday Challenge #34: Holiday Music Inspiration!
Our sponsor, for this week, is DeNami Design, and your prize is a $25 gift certificate!  Yihoo!
Okay... Before I show you my weekly inspiration, I've got a funny story to tell.  It all started when Jenny told me that a package would soon be arriving, in my mailbox, with a DeNami stamp in it.  I assumed that it would be one that I would use for this week's challenge.  Lo and behold, when the package arrived, it contained a sweet, little, DeNami, turtle stamp.  Now, I was thinking, This is stinkin' cute, but how am I supposed to use this for a Christmas, song-inspired challenge?  Then, I thought, They're playing a trick on the newbie.  LOL!  I was ready to stamp two turtles, in a nest, to represent the "12 Days of Christmas" turtledoves, when Jenny informed me that the DeNami stamps, for this challenge, had been passed out, before I came along.  Now, I'm, really, laughing.  So, she gave me the job of using my adorable turtle to pump DeNami's upcoming, December 12th, blog hop, boasting tags of all kinds.  So, if you have a DeNami stamp, come join in the fun!
I started this tag, which just so happens to be dressing up a package my son took to a friend's birthday party, by stamping the frame, in Garden Green ink, on a piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock; hand cutting it out; framing it with a piece of textured, Whisper White cardstock; and embellishing it with a strip of Tempting Turquoise cardstock, dressed up with a length of Peapod twine, from The Twinery, which was wrapped around the tag face, three times, before being tied, in a bow, just to the left of my main image.
My main image was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on Whisper White cardstock; colored with Soft Suede and Garden Green inks and a blender pen; dress up with a stamped, in Tempting Turquoise ink, dotted frame; punched out; and finally, matted with a Scallop circle, punched from Pacific Point cardstock, before being adhered, to the tag surface, just to the right of my twine bow and overhanging the right edge.  My "Birthday Blessings" sentiment, stamped in Basic Black ink, just above the stamped and framed image, as well as a white eyelet, set in the top center of the tag and laced with a length of Peapod twine, complete the look.
My color inspiration, for this tag, came from ColourQ's Challenge #61.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until 11:59 pm PST, next Friday, December 10th, to play along with us.  I cannot wait to see all of your song-inspired creations!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: All Occasion Tags (Wplus9); turtle (DeNami Design) Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, & textured Whisper White (SU) Ink: Garden Green, Soft Suede, Tempting Turquoise, & Basic Black (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: dimensionals; Peapod twine (The Twinery); white eyelet, blender pen, & 1-3/8" Circle & Scallop Circle punches (SU)

11 comments:

Laurel said...

OH my goodness how sweet!

Ann said...

This is SO cute, Jinny! Really adorable!

Noelle said...

So adorable, Jinny! I love the turtle and the green bakers twine:)

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Love this, Jinny! So cute. Of course, this is one of my favorite Denami stamp. :)

Michele Gross said...

Oh my goodness! What a darling tag!! You did a super job with that turtle-really stinkin' cute :)

kellie said...

OMG - the turtle is so cute!

Simone said...

Aww this is so so so cute Jinny! Such a gorgeous little tag - i love it! :)

Sylvia said...

What a wonderful tag, Jinny! Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge again this week!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

This is so beautiful Jinny! I LOVE your little tag!!! Thank you so much for joining us at the colourQ!

AnitaRex said...

Oh Jinny so funny! I read all those emails back and forth and didn't get it! Love that tag! So cute!

...:::Paulina:::... said...

Jinny, you did a FAB job with this tag! I always love seeing this little Turtle- he always brings a smile to my face!

Excited to see what you have in store for the blog hop coming next week! :)