Sketchy Thursdays & CCG169

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Good morning!  I hope you're all staying warm, wherever you are!  BJ has a meeting, after work, tonight; so, I'm trying to figure out how to keep the kiddos out of trouble and busy, without spending any money, all while the temperatures are plummeting.  It's crazy cold!  And I'm stumped.
I started this layout by white embossing the flower images on a piece of Barely Banana cardstock; coloring them in with Rose Red ink and a blender pen; spritzing the entire thing with Pretty in Pink ink and Pearl Glimmer Mist; and adhering it in the top, right corner of a sheet of soft yellow, polka dot, glitter paper.  I was able to capture a little of the beautiful shine in this angled photograph.
Later, I just felt like something was missing and went back and stamped my leaves in Certainly Celery ink and used a white gel pen to draw in the vein lines and mimic the white embossing of the flowers.  I, then, ran a pink-threaded, straight, double, machine-stitch frame around three of the edges of my prepped piece, running over onto my base page.
A distressed, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, length of white, embellished, glitter paper; a strip of pink, heart, glitter, patterned paper; and a white, felt, scallop trim, decked out with clear gemstones, were all connected with pink-threaded, zig-zag stitches and dress up the bottom of my prepped piece.
A length of Pink Sorbet twine, from The Twinery, wrapped around one of my photographs, three times, and tied in bow...
and a "JUST {1 more} MONTH", sticker title, complete the look.
My inspiration, for this layout, came from Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch...
and Color Combos Galore's Inspiration Board #169.
Thanks, as always, for taking the time to check in on me!  I've never met most of you, but I, completely, treasure your visits and comments and have gotten fond of, and somewhat attached to, those sweet, little, square faces :).  Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9) Paper: Barely Banana (SU); soft yellow, polka dot glitter (My Mind's Eye Where the Heart Is); white & pink glitter (DCWV Nana's Kitchen Stack) Ink: Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, & Certainly Celery (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); VersaMark Other: pink thread & sewing machine; gemstones (Paper Studio); felt, scallop trim (Queen & Company); white embossing powder (Ranger); white gel pen & Color Spritzer tool (SU); bright pink, vinyl Thickers (American Crafts); Tiny Type alphas (Cosmo Cricket); Pink Sorbet twine (The Twinery); Pearl Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels)

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi!
It's cold here too. 23 degrees with the wind blowing. Beautiful LO! I love the colors you used for the flowers and leaves. Have a great day!

Sherrie
My Journal
http://sherriesjournal.blogspot.com/2010/12/sketchy-thursday.html

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING that you documented this!!! Just BEAUTIFUL!! LOVING the stitching! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diana Fisher said...

Stunning little extras on this page! I just love all the small details that make it pop!

Keshet said...

This is so beautiful! The photos, the stitching, the whole thing! Love! Thanks for joining us at Sketchy Thursdays this week!