Tuesday Trigger: Strictly Stripes

Monday, December 27, 2010

I've got that final, Christmas card, of the year, for you all, on this cold, Monday morning.
I started this card by  coloring a piece of watercolor paper with Summer Sun, Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive watercolor crayons and spritzing over the piece with a water mist.
When it was dry, I machine stitched a white-threaded, straight-stitch frame around its edges and stamped, in Jet Black ink, the "WISHING YOU A SEASON FULL OF laughter AND joy, warmth AND love" sentiment, in its bottom center, just inside the stitching lines.
The olive, felt heart was hand cut and machine stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches, above the sentiment...
just before the entire, prepped piece was adhered to the Not Quite Navy, cardstock, card face, to complete the look.
My Grandpa was the recipient of this card, and look how happy he appears holding it and his Christmas gift from us.  I love you so much, Grandpa!  We just don't get to see you enough!
My inspiration, for this card, came from Moxie Fab World's warm and fuzzy Tuesday Trigger: Strictly Stripes.  Totally diggin' those stripes!
So excited, too, to tell you all, that I was named one of The Shabby Tea Room's Tea Time Terrific Top Three for this creation!  Thank you so much, Debbie!  I'm honored!
Have a wonderful start to your work week, everyone!  My hubby's back to the grindstone, today; but we're, still, taking a break, from school, until after the New Year!  Yippeee!  Now, I'm off to tackle that dirty laundry mountain.

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Classic Christmas (Wplus9) Paper: Not Quite Navy & watercolor (SU) Ink: Jet Black (StazOn) Other: white thread & sewing machine; olive felt (JoAnn Fabrics); Summer Sun, Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, & Old Olive, watercolor crayons (SU)

9 comments:

Ann said...

This card is awesome, Jinny! I love that felt heart & the watercolor bg!

Mary J said...

OMG, Jinny - this is AMAZING! I gotta try that!

Michele Gross said...

Oh Jinny this is so cool! I love the water color technique and the felt heart is such a wonderful warm fuzzy :D

Helen F. said...

Jinny this card is wonderful! What a fabulous gift to your Grandpa, who looks like he really enjoyed receiving it and the beautiful photo :)

lynn said...

love your trigger card, jinny! i really like the card cloud on your side bar! congrats on your top 3:)

Valerie said...

Gorgeous card Jinny - your technique really has a nice 'wooly' texture like the mittens!

Dana said...

This looks so soft and fluffy! I just want to roll on it! ;)

Rae said...

A lovely card for the trigger, and great inspiration for my Valentines coming soon. = ]

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)