Weekend Snapshots

Monday, December 20, 2010

So sorry this post is coming, to you all, so late, in the day, today.  It has been crazy busy from the minute I was dragged out of bed by the little one in the next room.  I was up until almost 1 am working on Christmas gifts, but I'm so happy to say that I only have one more to go.  Unfortunately, you'll have to wait, until after Christmas, to see most of them.  Don't want to spoil the surprise!  Here, however, are a couple goodies, that we finished up this weekend.
Aren't those cookies just the sweetest things!  We got the idea for them in my December 2010 issue of Parents Magazine.  Ezekiel had a cookie exchange, after Sunday school, yesterday, and needed a dozen cookies.  We thought that these would be perfect!  He, even, dressed up a few extras to share with his classmates at Awana Club last night.
All of his teachers received one of these, yum-o jars of homemade apple butter.
I dressed up another 21 of them in the same way that I did back here, with the exception of swapping out the ribbon for Baker's Twine.
I got a fantastic deal on a HUGE bundle of red Baker's Twine, thanks to this tip from Hannah Craner.  It's getting used for everything this Christmas!
Oh!  And while I'm mentioning Hannah, run on over to enter her giveaway, by tomorrow, for a chance to win some, super fun stamps from Green Grass Stamps.
Anyway, Ezekiel, obviously, doesn't have 21 teachers.  Hee!  The rest are for family members, friends, and, even, our mailman.  We paired a few of them with homemade loaves of bread for BJ to take to his co-workers, and a few more, yet, were paired with a set of five, homemade, card sets for our neighbors.  Most of those card sets you've, already, seen, right here on my blog-o.  But I'll be back, later tonight, to show you another; and then, again, later this week, for the last.  But before I run get dinner going, how about a silly picture, of my family, to get the week started off right?
Thanks for checking in, and like I said before, be sure to check back, later tonight, for a peek at those card sets.

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: From the Kitchen Of & All Occasion Tags (Wplus9) Paper: Real Red, Old Olive, & Whisper White (SU); patterned (K&Company) Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, & Bordering Blue (SU) Other: Threading Water Border punch (Fiskars); Dazzling Diamonds & 1-3/8" Circle, Handheld Slot, & Scallop Circle punches (SU); paper doilies; Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies)

1 comment:

Fiona said...

gorgeous gorgeous biscuits! Well done!