Color Cue {11}

Friday, January 14, 2011

Yea!  Welcome to Wplus9 Design's Color Cue {11}!  So excited to be back!  Dawn has cooked up another, fabulous color scheme, for us, this month!
How about a little inspiration to get you started?
I started this card by stamping the background image, several times over, in Baja Breeze ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; machine stitching a pink-threaded, double, straight-stitch frame around its outside edges; distressing it with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and adhering it to the Pink Pirouette, cardstock, card face.
I, then, trimmed the left side, of the card face, with a length of ivory lace.  Just inside the lace, I wrapped an aqua, crinkled ribbon around the card face, vertically, and tied it, in a bow, just above horizontal center.
The heart was hand cut from pink felt and adhered, near the right side of the card face, just to the left of a Cricut-cut, from Whisper White cardstock, and glittered snowflake, which was embellished with an aqua button, laced with hemp twine, as well as a Cricut-cut, from Whisper White cardstock, tag.
The tag was distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; spritzed with Crumb Cake ink; and stamped, in Pink Pirouette ink, with the "love always" sentiment to complete the look.
Now, it's your turn.  You have until Monday, February 7, 2011, at 10:59 pm EST, to play along, and I hope you do!  I cannot wait to check out all of your fantastic creations, but before you run off, to whatever has you calling this weekend, be sure to check out all the other designers' beauties.  And thanks so much for peeking in!

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Hannah Craner
Kerrianne Gwin
Savitri Wilder

Oh!  And before I run, I was so excited to see the above card in the Felt Challenge line-up, on CARDS, this afternoon, that I just had to share!  Thanks for letting me send it in, Dawn!  AND I was Blog Spotted, today, by CARDS, for this creation, using one of my personal favorite, stamp sets from Wplus9 Design... Ever After.  Eeek!  Thanks so, so much, Paige and Hannah!  You both, totally, made my whole, entire weekend!  Thank you!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Design Basics: Backgrounds I & Sweet Nothings (Wplus9) Paper: Pink Pirouette & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, & Crumb Cake (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: pink thread (Coats); sewing machine (Janome); ivory lace (Paper Studio); hemp twine & aqua, crinkled ribbon (Hobby Lobby); George & Basic Shapes & Winter Lace, Cricut cartridges & Cricut (Provo Craft); Dazzling Diamonds & Color Spritzer Tool (SU); aqua button (Jesse James & Co. Grandma's Grab Bag); pink felt (unknown)

10 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful Jinny!

Ann said...

Gorgeous, Jinny! I love the texture!

lynn said...

just darling, jinny! congrats on being "spotted"!!

Elise said...

Hello, my sweet heart! {Sorry it's been a spell since I've visited! *Bad blog friend!*} But I can see that you haven't wasted one BIT of mojo! This card is extraordinary! Oh, it just makes me clasp my hands and give out a big GIRLY "oooooowwwwww!" - as in DELICIOUS! This is WONDERFUL, sincerely WONDERFUL use of the super fun color palette! I know this piece will inspire QUITE a bit of excitement! Well done!

Congrats on all of your recognition! CLEARLY, you deserve it! Happy New Year, dear! So glad we're back with W9 crafting! YIPEEEE!

Hannah said...

I love it, Jinny! Seriously fabulous. You always go the extra mile with your cards.

Shirl said...

What a lovely lovely card! And congrats on being blog spotted too! :)

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Pretty pretty card, love the addition of the snowflake!

Trinh said...

This is so soft & gorgeous, Jinny! Congrats on the CARDS challenge gallery AND being Blog-spotted! Love seeing your cards around the blogosphere.

Tracey said...

ABSOLUTELY one of my FAVORITE cards!!!!!!

Laurie said...

Jinny this is so pretty! I love that ribbon and that felt heart! And congrats on being blog spotted!