ColourQ #67 & Tuesday Trigger: Bright Spot

Friday, January 14, 2011

It's Friday!  Yihoo!  This week seems to have just dragged by for me.  I'm sooo glad it's, finally, come to an end and crossing my fingers to be able to log in a few crafty hours this weekend.  We've got a fantastic, new, Wplus9 Design, February release coming up, for you all, in just a couple of weeks; and Dawn has several, new, stamp sets, coming your way, that are just calling to me to get them inky.  But for today, I've got a fun, little, out-of-my-usual-style take for you all.
I started this card by dry embossing small dots on a piece of Whisper White cardstock (Sooo wish they photographed better, because they, really, add that little, something extra to the overall design.); machine stitching around its outside edges with messy, green-threaded, straight stitches; and adhering the punched, from Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, & Taken With Teal cardstock, circles, to form the garland, across the top of the prepped piece.  I, then, machine stitched, with green-threaded, straight stitches, through the center of my garland and tied it in a knot, at each end, by bringing the thread to the front of the prepped piece, just before it was adhered to the Melon Mambo, cardstock, card face.
Finally, the "HOPE this year IS YOUR BEST ONE YET" sentiment...
was stamped, in Green Galore ink, in the bottom, right corner of the stitched piece, to complete the look.
This card was inspired by ColourQ's darling Challenge #67...
which worked perfectly with Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: Bright Spot.  I was, completely, drawn to all the white space in this photograph, which is, totally, out of my element, but I'm super happy with the result.
That's all, from me, for now; but I'll be back, late tonight, with a brand new, Wplus9 Design Color Cue and first thing in the morning, again, with a fun, new, Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge.  Don't forget that you have until 11:59 pm PST tonight to link up your projects for the current Scrappy Saturday Challenge: Design With Twine.  Sooo looking forward to getting around to seeing all of your creations!  Have a terrific weekend, ya'll!  Oh!  And I almost forgot.  Ick!  I was named a Sketchy Thursdays Fave for this fun layout!  Eeek!  Thank you for the honor, ladies!  I, always, find so much, amazing inspiration on your blog.
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Signature Greetings (PTI) Paper: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Taken With Teal, & Melon Mambo (SU) Ink: Green Galore (SU) Other: green thread (Coats); sewing machine (Janome); 1/2" Circle punch & Small Dots Texturz Plate (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix)

14 comments:

Ann said...

Fun card! Happy Friday! :D

AnitaRex said...

Love all the stitching on this card! So fun! Also love the pictures of your kids sledding, they look like they love it!

Karen B. said...

Love your bright colors and fabulous stitching! And the picture of your color inspiration is way too cute! I don't have any girls, so putting cute things on my boys' behinds wasn't really an option.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super fun card!!!!

Yapha said...

Your sewing and the circles make this such a fun card! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ!

Tracey said...

So Fun and Bright Jinny!!! I always LOVE stitching on cards...PERFECT take on both challenges! CONGRATS on your LO shout out!!! YOu are on fire girl!!!!

Noelle said...

Beautiful card, Jinny! I can see the dry embossing, but I SO feel your pain on photographing it, it's so frustrating to have the camera "flatten" it! :( Great card, I love the dry embossing and the stitching! Thanks for playing at the colourQ! :)

Valerie said...

Gorgeous Jinny - just love your work :)

Virginia L. said...

LOVELY LOVELY take on the TT, Jinny!

Sylvia said...

What a bright cheery card, Jinny! thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week.

paperella said...

Jinny, this is so cool!!!

Christina said...

Goodness, Jinny, this is such a FUN card! I just love (LOVE) the stitching and the banners of little circles. Perfect for both challenges! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ again!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Kim Ryden said...

Thanks for my birthday card! I love it!