CR84FN9

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Well, we started the week off running.  I, finally, got all that laundry done.  To be fair, though, my little one got pretty sick and gave me lots more to wash.  She's still delivering extra laundry but is resting well, now, which makes it a lot easier for me to be her nurse.  Sleep, always, makes me more present ;).  All that aside, I've got a fun, little, thank you, for you all, this morning; and I'm so excited that it, finally, got my new, Hero Arts', Friendly Flags, stamp set inky.
I started, this card, by trimming the bottom of a piece of yellow, polka dot, glitter paper with a punched strip of textured, Whisper White cardstock; machine stitching a white-threaded, double, straight-stitch frame around its top and side edges; and adhering it to the Pink Pirouette, cardstock, card face, which had been distressed with Moonlight White ink.  I, then, wrapped a peach ribbon, around the card face, between the two, paper connections and tied it, in a bow, just right of center.
The banner pendants were stamped, in Apricot Appeal, Pink Pirouette, and Barely Banana inks, on Whisper White cardstock...
hand cut out; adhered, arched, across the top of the card face, with dimensionals; anchored with silver, star brads, embellished with crinkled, white, seam binding ribbon...
and dressed up with clear gemstones.
My color inspiration, for this card, came from Create For Fun's Color Challenge #9.
Thanks for peeking in!  Have a wonderful Wednesday, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Friendly Flags (Hero Arts) Paper: Pink Pirouette & Whisper White (SU); yellow, polka dot, glitter paper (My Mind's Eye Where the Heart Is) Ink: Apricot Appeal, Barely Banana, & Pink Pirouette (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: crinkled, white, seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); white thread & sewing machine; gemstones (Paper Studio); star brads & 2010 Sale-A-Bration punch (SU); peach ribbon (Hobby Lobby); foam tape (Scotch)

21 comments:

AnitaRex said...

So cute Jinny! I love the way you used the colors and your design! What a great flag card!

Debgem said...

What a fab banner you've made - love all the details with the lace and gemstones. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN.

Hope your little one is better soon x

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Adorable card. Love that banner.

Jaclyn Miller said...

So soft and pretty!

Julie Ranae said...

Jinny...simply beautiful design work for these colors. Mona's gonna love it!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute TU card, love the little banner! Hope your little one is feeling much better! Thanks for playing at CR84FN!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Love the banner Jinny! Great way to showcase this week's colors! Thanks for playing with CR84FN!

Meredith said...

This is just lovely! I think that banner is just gorgeous, and you used this week's colours so well! Thanks for joining CR84FN this week :)

Tracey said...

Lovely card Jinny!!

Andrea M said...

Jinny this is GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely divine!!! From the sparkly patterned paper, the banner, those FABULOUS silver brads, all the way down to the luscious peach ribbon!!! WOW!!
Lovely take on the CR84FN colors! Hope you'll play along with us again!!!

Sherri Thompson said...

So sweet, Jinny!

Rae said...

Soft and pretty!

China said...

So cute, so pretty! I love your card!

Sue Lelli said...

Jinny, LOVE this banner card! LOVE the gemstones in between each flag! LOVE how one says Thanks! FAB card! And isn't it GREAT to ink up some stamps you haven't played with yet? I have some of those, too, just calling out my name! THX for playing with us this week at CR84FN!

cindy said...

Beautiful card:)

Savitri said...

This is super cute, girl!! Love the banner!!

Stephanie Kraft said...

This is just darling, Jinny! LOVE the banner! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

WOW! Sooo nice and soo perfect for Mona's challenge! I love it!

Jen Carter said...

I adore this card!! The way you used the colors is fabulous and I LOVE the banner...I'm such a sucker for banners! So cute!!

Cristina said...

This is too too cute! I'm feeling like I might need that banner set now, after seeing your card. Love it.

Laurie said...

I know I am so late in commenting here! But I have been saving this card in my reader! I love these soft colors and your banner is so cute!! This is just a gorgeous card! And it's going to stay in my reader! With a big ole star on it! LOL!