Curtain Call: {Act 65}

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Looks like we're getting ready to get dumped upon, with a load of snow, again.  It's all supposed to begin around lunchtime today.  Secretly, I love how it makes one just want to curl up with a mug of something hot and tasty and a fuzzy blanket.  Unfortunately, the thought of doing such a thing, makes me cringe.  I can just see it getting spilled all over, as my two-year-old uses me for a battering ram or my seven-year-old trips over the edge of my blanket.  LOL!  The life of a mother!  Such things can only happen in the wee hours of the morning, before chaos ensues.  Anyway, I've got a cutie, for you all, today.
I started, this card, by stamping a piece of Whisper White cardstock, in Pumpkin Pie ink, with the sun image and, in Faded Jeans ink, with the clouds...
adhering a strip of red, floral, patterned paper below the stamped portion; dressing up the base with a couple, torn, from Wild Wasabi cardstock, hills; machine stitching a white-threaded, straight-stitch frame around the entire prepped piece's outside edges; distressing its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and finally, adhering it to the Pacific Point, cardstock, card face.
I, then, wrapped an orange, gingham ribbon, around the card face, between the floral, patterned paper and the stamped piece; tied it, in a bow, just left of center; and embellished it with a Pure Poppy button, laced with Baker's Twine.
Now, for the pièce de résistance.  I adhered my vintage Valentine, with dimensionals, over all layers, just to the right of my embellished bow.
A little Crystal Effects on the balloons, as well as a kiss of glitter on the sun and at the puppy's feet, completes the look.
This card was inspired by Curtain Call's Color Challenge: {Act 65}, which I knew was just perfect for that vintage Valentine.  My son had his eye on that adorable puppy for days and kept asking and asking what I was going to use it for, so, naturally, I made this card just for him ;).
So, so excited, to tell you all, that I made Embellish's What's Hot list for this creation.  Eeek!  What an honor!  Thank you so, so much ladies!
I'm off to entertain my little one!  She wants to color with crayons... no markers... no pencils.  She's such a funny girl, but I LOVE that she, already, has a little stroke of artistic talent in her genes.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful Wednesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: The Birds and the Bees (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, & Pacific Point (SU); red, floral patterned (Cosmo Cricket) Ink: Pumpkin Pie (SU); Faded Jeans, Tea Dye, & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats); sewing machine (Janome); Dazzling Diamonds & Crystal Effects (SU); vintage Valentine (Jenni Bowlin); Pure Poppy button (PTI); Baker's Twine (Country Clean Paper Supplies); orange, gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby); dimensionals (Scotch)

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is adorable! I love the scene you created.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such a cute vintage valentine!

Noelle said...

What a darling card, Jinny! I LOVE the vintage valentine, cute and so unique:)

Pamela Pattison Lash said...

Love the embellishments and the colors for the challenge are really fun! TFS! I just became a follower and hope you'll follow me too.

Mama LoveBug
http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

Janelle said...

Love the way you used the challenge colors in combination with the vintage valentine. Really, really cute!

Christina said...

This is adorable, Jinny! What a great use of a vintage image, and the scene you've created is such a perfect backdrop. Thanks for playing at the Curtain Call this week!

Libby Hickson said...

Super cute card, Jinny! Congrats on your Curtain Call win!