MFW: Jewel Tones Color Challenge

Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm back, as promised, in my My Birthday Weekend post, with a cute, mini card.  I, absolutely, needed to get that band-aid stamp inky!  I swear it's been in my stash for nearly nine years!  What in the world?!  Plus, both of my kiddos aren't feeling very well; so, this is for them.
I started this card by stamping the band-aid image, several times, in Taken With Teal, Elegant Eggplant, & Daffodil Delight inks, on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, to create my patterned paper; adhered it to a piece of Elegant Eggplant cardstock; machine stitched ivory-threaded, straight stitches, in a successively smaller block pattern, over its surface; and adhered it to the 3" square, Daffodil Delight, cardstock, card face.
I, then, wrapped a teal ribbon around the top of the card face; tied it, in a bow, just left of center; and embellished it with a stamped, in Elegant Eggplant ink, on Very Vanilla cardstock, "Get well soon!" sentiment, which was hand cut in the shape of a little tag, as well as a purple button, laced with Lilac twine from The Twinery...
to complete the look.
My color inspiration, for this cutie, came from the Jewel Tones Color Challenge, for Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week, in the Moxie Fab World.

Thanks so much for peeking in!  I hope this Monday finds you all off to a great week!  Before I run be nurse and fold another load of laundry, I'm so excited, to tell you all, that, over the weekend, I was named a Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge Top Mouse for this creation...
and I made Top 3 at Create For Fun for this project!  Thank you so much to all the creators that pulled for my entries!  I know that I say it all the time, but I, truly, am a blessed girl!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Mini Mates (SU) Paper: Daffodil Delight, Elegant Eggplant, & Very Vanilla (SU) Ink: Daffodil Delight, Elegant Eggplant, & Taken With Teal (SU) Other: ivory thread (Coats); sewing machine (Janome); purple button (Paper Studio); Lilac twine (The Twinery); dimensionals (Scotch); teal ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

10 comments:

Tracey said...

Oh Jinny!!! This is soooo cute and creative!! LOVE it!!! Hope your kiddo's are feeling better....this card should sure help!!!

Berenice R. said...

So beautiful card! Hope your kids get well soon :)

Patrice said...

I love the "brick" look!

Lynn said...

Love all your stitching! What a great card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY--this is clever! LOVE it! You rock:)

Nerina said...

What a FABBY, happy card this is Jinny!! So clever with the band aids! Happy Birthday!! Sorry that peeps in your house ended up not feeling well :0( ... congratulations on the wins! They never do grow stale and yours are so well deserved!!

Fiona said...

Brilliant card Jinny :) Love that stamp and how you've used it !!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats! Love the idea of different colored bandaids.

Rachel said...

Jinny, this is really really beautiful! Love the whole design

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for entering the Jewel Tones Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)