PDCC64

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Welcome to my first, official post, for The Play Date Cafe, as a member of the design team!  Before I get any further, I just want to say THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart, to the Senior Design Team for blessing me with this opportunity.  I have so enjoyed getting to know you all better over the last few weeks, and my prayer is that I don't disappoint.  And to all of you bloggers, I am so, absolutely, thrilled to be here and hope to fill your screens and creative spaces with lots of crafty inspiration over the next six months.  Thanks, in advance, for stopping by!  With that said, let me introduce you to this week's fantastic Challenge #64.
How about a little inspiration?
I started, this card, by stamping the text, in Crumb Cake ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; clear embossing the gardenia image in its center; rubbing Tumbled Glass ink over the text and embossed image; distressing its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and tearing it across the bottom, before matting it with Marina Mist as well as Bordering Blue cardstocks, both of which were, also, torn across the bottom.
Then, before adhering it, just right of center, on the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face, I spritzed the card face with Crumb Cake ink and distressed its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.
A piece of Marina Mist cardstock was adhered across the top of the matted and stamped piece and anchored, with aqua-threaded, straight stitches, across its top and bottom edges, running over onto the card face itself.
I, then, wrapped a crinkled, white, seam binding ribbon, around the card face, over the stitched piece; tied it in a dressy bow, just left of center; and embellished it with a corduroy button, laced with a Baker's Twine bow as well as a Cricut-cut; stamped, in Crumb Cake ink, on Whisper White cardstock; distressed, in Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and framed, with Bordering Blue cardstock, "Celebrate" sentiment.
A few pearls dress up the bottom right corner of the stamped and embossed piece and complete the look.
Now, it's your turn.  You have until next Tuesday, January 18, 2011, at 11:59 pm EST, to link up your entries.  But before you make a mad dash for your craft spaces, be sure to run check out the rest of our fabulous, design team's creations.  And have a wonderful day!

Julie Ranae
Sarah Anderson
Savannah O'Gwynn
Ruby McGuire
Andrea Ewen
Fiona Shultz
Jaclyn Miller
Libby Hickson
Michele Gross
Tracey Kuzniak
Colleen Dietrich

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9); La Lettre (Hero Arts); Damask Designs (PTI) Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Bordering Blue, & Crumb Cake (SU) Ink: Crumb Cake (SU); Tea Dye, Antique Linen, & Tumbled Glass Distress Inks (Ranger); VersaMark Other: aqua thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); clear embossing powder, Color Spritzer tool, & corduroy button (SU); pearls (Paper Studio); white, seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); Baker's Twine (AR Designs); George & Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft)

19 comments:

Tracey said...

So many BEAUTIFUL details to adore in this beauty Jinny!!! WOW! LOVE it!!!!

Julie Ranae said...

Jinny...the blessing is mutual! We are so delighted to have you on our design team and I know I speak for all of us when I say that we LOVE your design work and can't wait to see all the inspiration you bring to The Cafe each week!

Libby Hickson said...

Jinny you are so sweet. Everything you create is BEAUTIFUL so there is no chance you will disappoint anyone, ever! I'm so happy to be on this team with you!

Michele Gross said...

Oh Jinny! WOW! So soft and elegant and down right gorgeous!! Just wonderful :D

Sharon said...

Love your card, so serene!
Sharon

Fiona said...

Jinny your card is so lovely and elegant. The crinkly bow, twine, button and tag combo is gorgeous!

Laurel said...

This is beautiful Jinny!

Sarah Anderson said...

It's so FaB having you on the design team Jinny, I've loved your work for so long!! This card is GoRGeouS but my favourite is the ribbon - had to check out how you did that!! And how yummy is the name of the ink - crumb cake! It made me smile each time you mentioned it! Here's to a great team :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

I just love this card more and more every time I see it. It's perfect!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super elegant, Jinny! Wonderful blending and distressing of your sentiment panel. The gorgeous seam binding, the pearls and the perfect mix of colors make your card spectacular! A way awesome debut! Glad to have you on the team!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! That button and seam binding....OH MY! Make me drool! I love that stitching too! You rocked this color combo! Great job--welcome to the team! I know you are going to bring lots of fabbby creations to the PDCC posts....can't wait to see all of them! LOVE IT:)

Ann said...

LOVE this, Jinny! The ribbon, the pearls, the button...SO gorgeous!

Laurel said...

Congrats Jinny! They sure grabbed up a gem when they asked you to join the DT! Your card is fabulous! I love the text and embossing... Your card is stunning......

Ruby said...

I love this Jinny, it's so pretty and elegant!! Welcome to the team, it's great to have you with us officially now!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like all the little details you included on your card, Jinny, like the stitching, crinkled ribbon, corduroy button, and distressing. It is such a lovely debut card!

I am very excited to be part of PDCC with you, you 'rock star', you!!!

Faye said...

Jinny, this is so elegant! Love the feminine look to it.

Maria said...

So soft and pretty...love it!!!

Debgem said...

This is such a pretty card. I love the layers and the torn edges - very shabby chic. The image is just beautiful!

Pauline said...

This just lovely, the torn edges look fab, another thing for me to try this year!