Sketchy Thursdays & CCG #176

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Good morning!  I hope you're all having a terrific Tuesday!  Mine is filled with trying to make two, sick kiddos happy.  Unfortunately, I'm not having a lot of luck.  Gracious!  Please pray for me to have patience.  I do have a layout, for you all, today, though.
I started, this layout, by stamping, in Moonlight White ink, on a strip of Brilliant Blue cardstock, the cloud images, as well as the splatter images, near the corners of the polka dot, patterned paper, right on the Crumb Cake, cardstock, layout base itself.  The stars were stamped, in Brilliant Blue ink, over the splatter images, just before I anchored the stamped, cloud strip, of Brilliant Blue cardstock, with blue-threaded, straight, machine stitches, running over onto the base page.
I, then, anchored the polka dot, patterned paper with a blue-threaded, straight-stitch frame and gathered the threads, at all four corners, and tied them in knots.
After adhering my photographs, I used white, die-cut alphas to create the partial, "sweet" title and completed the "summer" title with blue, foam, glitter Thickers, before tucking a "JUNE" Bingo card, which had the number nine circled, with Brilliant Blue ink, under the top edges of the two center pictures.
Journaling strips, created with Whisper White cardstock and a Brilliant Blue Stampin' Write marker, which read, What's a summer w/o bugs, friends (Ryan), and water?...
blue, B, F, and W, ticket stickers; and a few staples, complete the look.
My inspiration, for this layout, came from Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch...
and Color Combos Galore's Inspiration Board #176.
Thanks, as always, for looking my direction AND for all the wonderful, birthday wishes!  You all are the BEST!  Okay, I'm off to take care of these kiddos.  Wish me luck!  Oh!  And don't forget to link up those entries, by tonight, for Color Challenge #65 in The Play Date Cafe.

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: So 80's & The Birds and the Bees (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake, Brilliant Blue, & Whisper White (SU); polka dot patterned (unknown) Ink: Brilliant Blue (SU); Whisper White (Brilliance) Other: blue thread (Coats); sewing machine (Janome); staples & stapler; blue, foam, glitter Thickers (American Crafts); white, die-cut alphas (SU); "JUNE" Bingo card (Jenni Bowlin); blue, alpha tickets (EK Success)

10 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty page. Great colors... and those clouds are perfect. :o)

Meridy said...

I think you did a great job on the layout and including 2 challenges. Beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous layout! I love the colors and all the details.

Kate said...

This is just SO fun, Jinny!! All of your details are fabulous. What a great way to preserve the memories of that summer play day!
I do hope that your little ones are soon feeling better - and that God grants you the patience you need as you nurse them back to health.

lisa said...

I love your page so much. The stitching is fab!!
xxx

Maria Elena said...

Great page Jinny ! love those color and pics are fantastic !
Hope your kids wet well pretty soon... you will be in my prayers...

Have a great Wednesday ;-)
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE those clouds and the stitching! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jeanet said...

Awesome page! Love all the bits and your stitching rocks!
Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

Tracey said...

Oh my Jinny this is such a FABULOUS LO!!!! LOVE all your special details.....PERFECT touches!!!

Keshet said...

This is just gorgeous!! Love the colors and layering! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!!