Three in One

Thursday, January 6, 2011

I'm back, as promised, in my earlier, JoHannah's Wedding Shower post, with a fun, little, country number for you all.
I started, this card, by piecing together the brown, text and polka dot, patterned papers; running a length of punched, Cajun Craze cardstock between them; machine stitching white-threaded, straight stitches, down the length of their outside edges, to anchor them; and adhering the entire prepped piece to the Always Artichoke, 6" square, cardstock, card face, which had been distressed with Moonlight White ink.
I, then, stamped the barn image, in Jet Black ink, on a white, paper doily; colored it with Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze, and Chocolate Chip inks and a blender pen; used my VersaMarker to white emboss snow in strategic places; and adhered it to, and overhanging, the right side of the card face.
Finally, I wrapped a length of Bashful Blue, taffeta ribbon, vertically, around the card face, between the punched, Cajun Craze, cardstock strip and the brown, polka dot, patterned paper; tied it, in a bow, just above horizontal center...
and embellished it with a stamped, in Always Artichoke ink, on Always Artichoke cardstock, hand-cut, and distressed, "a note for you", sentiment tag.
My inspiration, for this card, came from Curtain Call's Color Challenge: {Act 63}...
Sweet Sunday's Sketch Challenge #98...
AND Lawnscaping's very first Challenge #1: All About Snow.  Lawnscaping was started by Laurel Beard and is designed with lovers of Lawn Fawn stamps in mind.  I know that I didn't use a Lawn Fawn stamp on my card.  I don't have any, but I'd REALLY love, love, LOVE to win some!  Plus, Laurel is super awesome!  Run on over to support her challenge!
Alrightie!  That's all, for today, folks.  I'm off to tackle another stack of laundry and watch cartoons with my sick, little one.  Thank you so much for all your well wishes for her!  Ya'll are the BEST!  She's plugging right along.  Hopefully, she'll be back to her old self, again, soon.

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: On the Farm & Sweet Little Sentiments (SU) Paper: Always Artichoke & Cajun Craze (SU); brown, text patterned (7 Gypsies); brown, polka dot patterned (unknown); white doily (Wilton) Ink: Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze, Bashful Blue, & Chocolate Chip (SU); Moonlight White (Brillance); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: VersaMarker; white thread & sewing machine; white embossing powder (Ranger); Bashful Blue, taffeta ribbon & Scallop punch (SU)

11 comments:

Pauline said...

Such a lovely card, love the doily! Also love the wintery feel to it, very pretty.

Laurel said...

Tee hee! Super cute Jinny! Thanks for the shout out! I really appreciate it. I love the wintery, rustic feel of your card! SUPER CUTE! TFS! And thanks again for participating in the Lawnscaping Challenge! We hope to see lots more of you and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you win some! :)

Patrice said...

Great way to combine the challenges!

Laurel said...

This is so pretty! love the doily

Lynnette said...

Jinny, this is so striking. Love all the elements of the card. Also, thanks for the shout out on your blog the other day. I've not yet had a chance to do my post, but I will definitely do it. I have loved reading others answers, so I will answering my questions and passing it on to others :)

Legojenta said...

Beautiful card, I just wished you had had some Lawn Fawn stamps to use for it, when entering it into the Lawnscaping challenge... But we work with what we've got, right? TFS =)

Legojenta said...

Hi again Jinny. I was just made aware that my prevoius comment sounds critisising. I'm so sorry! I meant to applaude your card, being able to work it into the Lawnscaping challenge as well, even without using Lawn Fawn stamps... I love making the most of what I've got, supplies, stamps and all, and I love it when others do the same =) Again, I'm very sorry that the comment didn't say what I meant it to say. Please delete it if you want to! I hope you'll accept my sincerest apologies.
- Marie / Legojenta

Legojenta said...

Okay, just now the icon of the trash-bin appeared besides both of my comments. So I guess I can delete my first comment myself... But I did want to apologise anyways, so I'm glad I wrote my second comment. I hope that you will delete my first comment yourself if you feel like it. I think that's enough talk from me today. Sorry for everything! I hope you'll have a great day!
- Marie / Legojenta

Scrapcollectr said...

Oooohh, love those stacked borders!
*smile*

Britta Swiderski said...

Love the cute barn with the snow on top! Being from Wisconsin, I certainly am familiar with the sight. Hehe. Lawn Fawn stamps are the best! You should treat yourself to a small order sometime soon. :) They have a $4 birds set that would be really great for starting out if you just want to buy a little set first. :) Thanks for playing along with the Lawnscaping challenge!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Super cute! I love all the layers! Thanks for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge!