TSTR #43

Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm home, from church, with a sick boy, today.  Adina is feeling tons better and no longer running a fever.  Matter of fact, we, even, got out, in the snow, yesterday, to get her flower girl dress altered.  It was pretty big, but I'm crossing my fingers that the tailor can work wonders on it.  Anyhow, now, Ezekiel is feeling crummy.  Fortunately, he doesn't have all the fluid problems Adina had.  Sorry, guys!  I didn't know how else to put it, but he is running a fever and being, extremely, irritable.  Poor guy!  All that's to say that, because I'm home, I get to post a card!  Yihoo!  And boy, did I have fun with this one!  Although, I'm going to apologize, in advance, for the photographs.  I'm having a super difficult time taking good pictures, especially true-to-color pictures, in this winter light.  Bummer.
I started this card by distressing the edges of a piece of floral, patterned paper; machine stitching pink-threaded, straight stitches around its outside edges; adhering it to a piece of Whisper White cardstock, which was, in turn, adhered to the Old Olive, cardstock, card face; and distressing everything with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.  I, then,wrapped a white, paper doily around the right side of the card face and adhered a crystal flourish near the top left corner.
A sheer, stain-trimmed, pink ribbon, as well as a sheer, white, lace trim, were wrapped around the card face, horizontally, near center; and the ribbon was tied, in a dressy bow, just right of center.
I, then, used a cookie cutter as a template and hand cut the mitten from burgundy felt; machine stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges; adhered it just to the left of the dressy bow; and embellished it with a vintage brad, laced with white string.
The tag was Cricut cut from Whisper White cardstock; stamped, in Pink Pirouette ink, with the diamond pattern, as well as, in Bravo Burgundy ink, with the "just BECAUSE i Care" sentiment; distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, and thread through the vintage brad, just before it was pierced through all layers.
My inspiration, for this card, came from The Shabby Tea Room's Week #43: Welcome to 2011, in which we've been asked to create a project using eleven elements.  If you're, still, unsure if I got all eleven elements into this card, after reading all the details above, check out all the goodies I used below.  I think that I counted more than 20 ;)!

Have a fantastic Sunday, ya'll!  Since we don't have schoolwork to accomplish, and BJ's off to Sunday School and a meeting after, I'm off to enjoy a little, free time with my kiddos and bunker down for the, nearly, six inches of snow our weather people are predicting.  Guess we'll soon find out if they're right ;).  Oh!  And before I run, I'm so excited, to tell you all, that I was named a Top Mouse for this creation.  Eeek!  Thanks, ladies!  I'm, truly, honored!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Design Basics: Backgrounds I (Wplus9); Best Yet (SU) Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White, & floral patterned (SU); white doily (Wilton) Ink: Pretty in Pink & Bravo Burgundy (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: pink & white thread & sewing machine; burgundy felt (JoAnn Fabrics); crystal flourish (Zva Creative); vintage brad & Cutter Tool (SU); white string; sheer, white, lace trim; & sheer, stain-trimmed, pink ribbon (Hobby Lobby); George & Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge (Provo Craft)

10 comments:

Joanne Leddy said...

How sweet is that little mitten?! Love the floral print background too. I hope your family is feeling better soon and thanks for taking time out of your busy day to share your talents!

Lynn said...

Jinny, hope everyone gets healthy soon...love all the details on your cards especially the background stamping on your tag.

Debbie said...

Absolutely adorable, Jinny! I {heart} that snuggly mitten!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Simply gorgeous Jinny! That cute pink bow is perfect atop that lush red mitten! Awesome layout and I love that bling adorning the floral dp.

Fiona said...

Beautiful card Jinny - I love the shabby chic-ness you've achieved :)

Tracey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card Jinny!!! YOu do vintage feel soo well!!

Patrice said...

What a lovely card!

Sue Lelli said...

Can't believe you used a cookie cutter to make the mitten! How CLEVER and how CUTE! LOVE the stitching. LOVE the DP! LOVE the bow! Can't wait till next week to see your DT card for PDCC!

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful card Jinny - great idea using a cookie cutter as your template! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Sherri Thompson said...

Beautiful card, Jinny! I love the mitten. :) Congrats on the Top Mouse honor-you so deserve it! Love seeing your cards!