Wplus9 Feb. Release: Group Post

Monday, January 31, 2011

It's Group Post day for Wplus9 Design's February Releases!  Yea!  What an amazing release this has been, and I have cooked up my take on a vintage layout, for you all, today, using every stamp set in the release.
I started this layout by adhering the strips of patterned paper, vertically, near the right side of the kraft, cardstock, layout base and machine stitching white-threaded, straight stitches down the length of the punched, navy, striped, patterned paper, running over onto the layout base itself.
After adhering the photograph (which I realize isn't good quality.  It was one of those moments that I wanted to capture, but for some strange reason, I didn't have my camera with me.  So, my phone had to do the trick.),  I dressed its right corners up with a couple of punched, from a pink, floral, patterned paper, photo corners and stuck a white, paper doily under its bottom left corner, before embellishing.  A die-cut, vintage bird came next, near the center of the left edge of the doily, and was anchored with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches, around its edges.  Then, I stuck down the canvas, floral embellishment, layered with a hand cut, from patterned paper, navy stamp, as well as a stamped, in Pretty in Pink, Not Quite Navy, and Certainly Celery, on Whisper White cardstock, and hand cut stamp image, which was, in turn, pierced with an embellished, pearl, stick pin.
The top right corner was embellished with a pink, vintage, shoe tag, laced with hemp twine; a stamped, in Certainly Celery ink, and glittered, bird stamp; and a circle of clear rhinestones which end with a stamped, in Pretty in Pink ink, on Whisper White cardstock, distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, spritzed with Crumb Cake ink, and hand cut, butterfly image.
My journaling, which reads, While Ezekiel was off playing with a friend, we snuck o'er to Sonic and surprised Daddy with his fave, fresh-fruit, strawberry slush, begins near the top left edge of the paper strips and ends just below my stamped, in Not Quite Navy ink, partial, "HAPPY" and completed, from fabric alphas, "hour" title.
Finally, to finish the look, I stamped one, last, stamp image, in Not Quite Navy ink, on Whisper White cardstock; filled it in with a stamped, in Pretty in Pink ink, "LOVE"; and stamped over it, in Basic Black ink, with the "June 9", postage, stamp image.
My inspiration, for this layout, came from The Color Room's Palette #37 {Her Room}...
and one of Becky Fleck's December 2010 sketches.  I took it pretty literally.  Gracious!  What's not to love about it?!
All the stamps sets we've been showing off, over the last five days, including Flora & Fauna I...
Set of 7 high-quality, photopolymer stamps
4 large focal images and 3 accent images
Full Set Dimensions: 6x8
Price: $19

Spring Post...
Set of 26 high-quality, photopolymer stamps
3 postage stamp images, 15 sentiment builders, and 8 individual letters
Full Set Dimensions: 6x8
Price: $19

and Postmarked...
Set of 23 high-quality, photopolymer stamps
1 postmarked image, 12 month circles, and 10 individual numbers
Full Set Dimensions: 4x6
Price: $10

are available, for purchase, TODAY, in the Wplus9 online store.  Now, run along to pick out your fabulous goodies!  But even before you get that billfold out, be sure to stop by to check out all the other designers' creations.  And thanks so much, as always, for all your sweet and encouraging comments and for visiting little, old me throughout this release.  Ya'll are the BEST!  And welcome to all my new followers!  I am, completely, thrilled and honored that you're finding inspiration here, and I'll do my best to keep it coming!  Oh!  And be sure that this won't be the last you see of these stamps from me.  Wplus9 goodies seem to sneak their way into an awful lot of my daily projects ;).  Until next month, happy stamping, ya'll!

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Hannah Craner
Kerrianne Gwin
Maile Belles
Savitri Wilder
Sarah Martina Parker (our Feb. Guest Designer)

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Flora & Fauna I, Postmarked, & Spring Post (Wplus9) Paper: kraft (Bazzill Basics); all patterned (Sassafras); white doily (Wilton) Ink: Basic Black, Not Quite Navy, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, & Crumb Cake (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats); sewing machine (Janome); Scallop & Corner punches & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); shoe tag, die-cut bird, & embellished, pearl, stick pin (Jenni Bowlin); clear rhinestone circle & canvas, floral embellishment (Basic Grey); hemp twine (Hobby Lobby); fabric alphas (Prima); dimensionals (Scotch)

6 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

BEAUTIFUL, simply BEAUTIFUL! I love all the layers and the way you stamped--and that pin in the stamp image--CLEVER! Gorgeous LO!! LOVE IT--you are on FIRE:)

Pauline said...

Such a beautiful layout, yo captured the sketch perfectly! Love the colour combo too, and all the different embellishments, so much to look at.

Elise said...

For some creations, there are no words. THIS layout... AND YOUR USE OF DAWN'S stamps... have left me SPEECHLESS! This is absolutely incredible, Jinny. BRAVO!

Gabby said...

Wonderful collage-looking layout. All the pieces are perfect together! I especially like your use of fabric letters and the way you stamped the fabric frame that is around the scalloped flower. I also like the look of the pin and all of your stitching! Great page. :)

Kathy said...

You amaze me with your ability to take several different inspirations and work it all together to make such beautiful layouts!! Love this one and I am a total "Sonic Happy Hour" gal:)

lynn said...

this page is awesome, jinny! love all the differnet elements:)