Wplus9 Feb. Release Sneak Peeks: Day 3

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Welcome to Day 3 of Wplus9 Design's February, Release, Sneak Peeks!  Today we're showing off Spring Post, and a few of the ladies have projects boasting Postmarked, for you all, to see, as well; but you'll have to come back tomorrow and Tuesday to see what I've done with Postmarked.  Mwahaha ;)!
I started, this card, by stamping the stamp images, in Crumb Cake ink, on watercolor paper; smudging Wild Honey, Dusty Concord, & Faded Jeans Distress Inks on my craft mat; spritzing it with water; laying my stamped, watercolor paper right in its wake; and setting it aside to dry.  Once dry, I distressed it even more with Tea Dye & Antique Linen Distress Inks; trimmed its bottom edge with punched strips of phonebook paper, which were, also, distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks (Edited to add... Be sure to back your thin pages with a piece of scrap cardstock before punching.); machine stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches around its outside edges; and adhered it to the Night of Navy, cardstock, card face.
A stamped, in Night of Navy ink, "Friend" sentiment...
as well as a length of yellow, twill tape, wrapped around the card face, above the punched, phonebook strips and below the stamped sentiment, and tied, in a knot, just left of center...
complete the look.
That's it, from my neck of the woods, for today; but please, don't forget to stop by the other designers' blogs to see what all they have cooked up for you.  Then, I hope to see you all back here, tomorrow, for one final, sneak peek, before the famed, group post.  Until then, have a blessed Sunday!

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Hannah Craner
Kerrianne Gwin
Savitri Wilder
Sarah Martina Parker (our Feb. Guest Designer)

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Spring Post (Wplus9) Paper: Night of Navy & watercolor (SU); phonebook pages Ink: Crumb Cake & Night of Navy (SU); Tea Dye, Antique Linen, Dusty Concord, Wild Honey, & Faded Jeans (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats); sewing machine (Janome); yellow, twill tape (We R Memory Keepers); Scallop punch (SU)

12 comments:

Elise said...

Okay. THIS CARD is stunning. I love it for SO many reasons! But how 'bout how you've, basically made a gorgeous "spring-like" background that looks like the leftover paper towel AFTER Easter Egg dying - {Which, I LOVE!} WHAT a super, duper creation, my dear! So inspirational!

Sarah Martina said...

WOW! How fun is this!?! Great card, Jinny!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

This is great, well done! telephone pages... awesome.

Becky Dunham said...

Ok, have I mentioned that I love your work? This card just floors me! I never would have thought to do this but now I just have to try it! This is gorgeous!

Christina said...

This is gorgeous, Jinny! I love the watercolor background and those telephone pages. I am so jealous that you get to use these postmark sets already! Can't wait to get my hands on them...

Gabby said...

I am totally crazy for distress inks and I appreciate the way you combined and spritzed them to make your background color! The new stamps are great. I have two phone books that I was going to put in the recylce bin tonight but after seeing your scalloped trim, I decided to keep one afterall and try to cut my tattered florals as I had planned. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that since the newsprint paper is so thin, they don't rip apart when I crinkle them. Thanks for inspiring me to re-think that! :)

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Jinny, this is stunning! So pretty. Love the colors you used!

kksb said...

Your card rocks! The background colors are wonderful!

Patrice said...

Very pretty

China said...

I have no words to say how much I liked this card! what a wonderful work!

Ola said...

Your work is so gorgeous.... and I'm loving this stamp set!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

Wow! I love using distress inks. This card is so perfect!