All Eyes On... You

Saturday, February 19, 2011

You read that right!  The February edition of Wplus9 Design's All Eyes On... is all about YOU!  We searched the Wplus9 Design Flickr Gallery and each picked a yummy creation to CASE.  I chose this card...
from creative talent Tammy Frayne, and came up with this.
I started, this card, by stamping the Poinsettia Patterns images, in Jet Black ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; dressing it up, near its bottom edge, with a punched strip of multi-colored, text, patterned paper; stacking a yellow, text, patterned, paper strip on top of that punched strip; and tucking between the two, just right of center, a stamped, from Guiding Light Sentiments, in Ruby Red ink, on Very Vanilla cardstock "YOU'RE IN MY Thoughts", punched, sentiment tag, which had, also, been framed with Ruby Red cardstock; distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and embellished with a Pure Poppy button, laced with hemp twine.
I, then, ran lots of ivory-threaded, straight, machine stitches over everything, including a frame around the prepped piece's outside edges, before adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face and distressing everything with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.
The butterflies, from our latest release Flora & Fauna I (Gosh!  I cannot put that set down!), were stamped, three times over, in Summer Sun and Ruby Red inks, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut out; spritzed with Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist; and adhered, just at their centers, one on top of the other.  The bottom one was, then, glued flat, to the card face, just to the left and slightly overlapping the sentiment tag.
A few, black, pearl brads anchor the center of the butterfly; and a gingham ribbon, wrapped, around the card face, over the punched, patterned, paper strip and tied, in a bow, just right of center...
complete the look.
That's all, from my neck of the woods, for today.  But I want to send out a HUGE thank you to Tammy for inspiring me and remind you all to check out the rest of the design team's creations.  Thanks so much for peeking in!

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Kerrianne Gwin
Savitri Wilder
Sarah Martina Parker (Feb. Guest Designer)

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Poinsettia Patterns, Flora & Fauna, & Guiding Light Sentiments (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, & Ruby Red (SU); yellow text patterned (Jenni Bowlin); multi-colored text patterned (October Afternoon) Ink: Ruby Red & Summer Sun (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: ivory thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); edger punch (EK Success); Tag punch (SU); Pure Poppy button (PTI); hemp twine & gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); black pearl brads (Paper Studio)

10 comments:

Elise said...

'Scuse me. I'm TRYING to compost myself. Ahem... *GASP!* I CANNOT! This is FAR toooo exquisite for words! Golly, GOSH! Jinny - this.. no seriously - I say this EVERY time! This is MY FAVORITE! {Until NEXT time! hee hee} I am just IN LOVE... How do YOU do it? Gosh, GIRRRRRL! The coolest thing is KNOWING and having ENJOYED your original CASE design, and seeing how you got from THAT amazing place, to THIS one! Wow! It REALLY is, all about the journey! This is SMASHING work, my dear! Yee Haw!

Elise said...

Oh, DEAR! I mean "compose" myself! Sheesh! It's late. I hope you didn't think I would try to compost... myself... At least, not YET! hee hee

Tammy said...

Wow!! Gee!! {blushing} -- I can't believe you chose my card to CASE!! I don't think I've been "CASE"ed before. Thanks! LOVE the dimension you created with the butterfly!! Incredible!!
Thanks for the shout out too!
(okay, do you think I used enough exclamation marks? -lol)

Fiona said...

Hey Jinny - this is stunning - seriously :) Love to see what awesome project you are going to turn out next!

Dawn said...

I always love how there is so much to enjoy and take in with each one of your creations. I always pour over the detail shots going, "oh look at how she..", and "oh and then she...", and "almost missed that, how clever". Fantastic take on a Fantastic card that both times now have stolen my breath.

Shirl said...

I just love how you layered the butterfly! *Gasp* SO pretty!

Monique said...

Love all the elements on your card.. Your butterfly is beautiful ..Looks like it is going to fly right off the card... Great work!!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Beautiful card, I love the colors!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the text in this card, well done with the fun project of CASEing a card.

Pauline said...

Such a gorgeous creation! Love all the different elements, makes such an interesting card. But oh my, Elise's comment made me laugh, still giggling over the typo, can't imagine trying to compost yourself hehe!!