CASE Study #25 & Curtain Call: {Act 68}

Monday, February 7, 2011

Good afternoon!  I hope you all are getting your work week off to a good start.  We're back to the `ol grindstone with everyone feeling ship-shape today.  Just in case, though, we kept the kiddos home, from church, yesterday.  It seems they get sick, just a couple of days into the week, right after church.  Grrr!  So frustrating, but we cannot afford for them to be sick, this week, with our trip to Dallas and both of them being in my sister-in-law's wedding on Friday.  Anyway, I have a pretty, little number, to start the week off right, for you all, today.
I started, this card, by punching 1/2", half circles around the edges of the Wild Wasabi, cardstock, card base, to resemble a postage stamp, using a 1-3/8" Circle punch for one space, on either side, for the ribbon, near the bottom and distressed it with Moonlight White ink.  I, then, stamped the dogwood image, in Chocolate Chip ink, on a piece of light pink, floral, patterned paper; colored it in with Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, and So Saffron inks and a blender pen; machine stitched a bright-pink-threaded, double, straight-stitch frame around its edges; and adhered it to the prepped, card base.  After the light pink ribbon was wrapped, in the designated location, around the card face and tied, in a bow, just right of center...
I stamped, in Pink Pirouette and Melon Mambo ink, on Whisper White cardstock, the butterfly image; glittered it; hand cut it out; and adhered it, just at its center, in order to give the wings lift, on the top, stamped, dogwood blossom.
Finally, I stamped, in Melon Mambo ink, the "Blessings" sentiment, just inside the stitched frame, in the top right corner of the light pink, floral, patterned paper, to complete the look.
My inspiration, for this card, came from this fantastic creation from CASE Study's February muse, Eva Dobilas, for Challenge #25...
and Curtain Call's Color Challenge: {Act 68}.
I'm, also, so excited, to tell you all, that this Valentine's Day card, for my big kiddo, made Top 5 Show Stopper at Curtain Call.  Yihoo!  Thank you so much to Stacey and her crew!  I'm so, extremely, honored!
I'm off to convince my baby girl that cantaloupe is good for you, so she can be off to taking her nap.  Hee!  Two-year-olds!  Thank you so much for stopping by!  You all have been so sweet with all your kind comments!  I, truly, treasure each and every one!  Oh!  And don't forget that you have until the close of tomorrow EST to link up your entries for The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #67.  Thanks again!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Flora & Fauna I & Spring Post (Wplus9) Paper: Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, & light pink floral patterned (SU) Ink: Wild Wasabi, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, So Saffron, & Chocolate Chip (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: bright pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Dazzling Diamonds, blender pen, & 1-3/8" & 1/2" Circle punches (SU); light pink ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

16 comments:

Cristina said...

This is beautiful, Jinny! That Wplus9 set is seriously tempting me. And I can't believe you punched those notches around the edges! So awesome!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful Jinny! Love the shape of your card and the image is wonderful too! Thank you for joining us at the CC this week! Hgus ~S~

AnitaRex said...

Gorgeous! I love how you made it look like a postage stamp! So clever! :> Did you just wing it or measure?

Lynn said...

Jinny, this is stunning! Have a wonderful trip for your brother's wedding!

Tammy E. said...

Very pretty and creative with those punches! Great card.

Laurel said...

Beautiful as always!

Julie said...

Fabulous take on the challenge! Love that butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CASE Study.

Christina said...

This is incredible, Jinny! I can't wait to ink up this beautiful set! Love the way it looks in these colors and with the gorgeous glitter on the butterfly. So glad you could play along at the Curtain Call this week!

Sue Kohler said...

what an amazing card Jinny, the stamps you have used are gorgeous, loving the glitter accents too!
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study! :)

Tracey said...

Oh Jinny!!! THis is such a beautiful card....LOVE the glittery butterfly atop those gorgeous flowers!!!

Jean Martin said...

Jinny! This is gorgeous!!! I'm not fully convinced that I have to get that stamp set!!! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study and at Curtain Call!!! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS!! Thia is amazing, Jinny!! It looks like heaps of work, and boy, did it pay off!? :)
Thank you so much for playing with us!! xxx
(I will send you my bio, photo and card soon, I promise...)

Eva said...

Jinny, I have one word for this.....FAAAAABULOUS!!!!! Seriosly, this is one amazing card...love the colors, the gorgeous flower and butterfly!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jinny, this is so soft and lovely! You've combined these challenges so beautifully. Love that postage stamp punching.

Vickie Z said...

I saw this the other day at work.... can't comment there, it is gorgeous!! Love Stacey's colors and love how you use them with the butterflies and flowers. Thought about doing the edges on my card with a cirle punch myself... you have such patience!!

Stacey Schafer said...

Fabulous!