Color Cue {12}

Monday, February 14, 2011

Welcome to Wplus9 Design's Color Cue {12}!
As soon as I saw these colors, I knew, exactly, what I wanted to do with them.  I've had this idea in my head for quite some time, now, but let's face it!  There are so many projects and so very little time!  Sigh.  Anyway, it gave me the excuse to get it done.  So, just to get your creative juices flowing, how about a fun layout?
I started, this layout, by clear embossing the little cloud images, from The Birds and the Bees, on a textured, Whisper White, cardstock base.  I, then, masked off a few, hand-cut, larger clouds and spritzed the entire surface with Jack Frost Glimmer Mist.  Once it was dry, I removed my masks; took a baby wipe to my embossed clouds, just to clear away any residual Glimmer Mist; and stamped a few, open cloud images, in Marina Mist ink, for added texture.  I, then, stamped the flower stems, in Mellow Moss ink, across the bottom of my layout and topped each of them with a lilac button, some of which were laced with hemp twine.
After adhering my 3", square photographs to a piece of kraft cardstock, I adhered it, slightly at an angle, in the top left corner of my layout; trimmed the overhung corners; machine stitched, light-purple-threaded, zig-zag stitches, running over onto the base page itself, between each picture; and used the one, open, photograph space to journal, You are always such a good helper on wash day even if my undies do end up on your head.  1.14.10.
The title was created from chipboard, clothing items, covered in a variety of color-coordinating, patterned papers.  I, then, used fabric alphas to create the "wash" portion of my "wash DAY" title and alpha chips to create the completed, "DAY" portion.  They were all strung on a length of hemp twine, which was anchored, at either end, with mini clothespins.  I thought that it would be fun to have a couple articles of clothing falling off, as the line was being lifted away by one of the gorgeous butterflies from our latest, February release, Flora & Fauna I.  So, I stamped the smallest, butterfly image, in Marina Mist and Lavender Lace inks, on Whisper White cardstock; glittered it; hand cut it out; and adhered it, just at its center, doing just the thing described above.  A couple, more butterflies, created in the same way, complete the look.
You have until Monday, March 7, 2011, at 10:59 pm EST, to link up your takes.  Cannot wait to see what you all come up with!  But before you run get inky, be sure to check out what the rest of the team has created to inspire, and have a terrific Tuesday!

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Kerrianne Gwin
Maile Belles
Savitri Wilder
Sarah Martina Parker (Feb. Guest Designer)

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: The Birds & the Bees & Flora & Fauna I (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White & cloud, star, & polka dot patterned (SU); kraft (Bazzill Basics); distressed aqua patterned (The Girls' Paperie); aqua gingham patterned (unknown); turquoise damask patterned (My Mind's Eye); aqua floral patterned (DCWV) Ink: Marina Mist, Lavender Lace, Mellow Moss, & Basic Black (SU) Other: light purple thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); fabric alphas (Prima); alpha chips (7 Gypsies); hemp twine (Hobby Lobby); mini clothespins (Canvas Corp); purple buttons (DeNami Designs); chipboard clothes (Maya Road); Jack Frost Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels)

6 comments:

Elise said...

Not ONLY are you, single-handedly, causing me to obsess over ALL of my un-scrapped memories... {and TRUST me, that's a good thing!} But ALSO, my dear - your work just gives me a thrill! *Gasp!* {Did you DRESS THAT BABY to match this color scheme or are you just THAT gooooooood? - SERIOUSLY! *Ack!* SO adorable!!!!!} I am SO in love with this L/O and your use of Dawn's Colors that I may just ask it to BE my Valentine! Would you mind?

THANKS, for knocking my socks off, yet again! I do enjoy your work SO very, very much! Yipeeee!

lynn said...

seriously adorable pics and page, jinny! love the flowers, clothes pins, glimmer misting-all of it:)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Awwww so clever and cute. The colors are ADORABLE. :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the story behind this page.

Libby Hickson said...

Oh so CUTE!!! Love this sweet layout! And the colors are wonderful - LOVE your purple button flowers!!

Kerrianne said...

Jinny...I'm in LOVE with this layout - just TOOOO cute girl! Love the clothesline and this color combo is a perfect mix. Great job girly!!