Embellish Color Trends Challenge With Hearts

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope that you all have wonderful plans for this sweet day.  We just got back from my sister-in-law and new brother-in-law's wedding, in Dallas, early yesterday morning, and are, still, trying to recover, but our Valentine's Day tradition has become to take the kiddos to Red Robin for dinner.  Hee!  My hubby didn't marry me because I'm high maintenance or anything.  LOL!  So, that, along with new books and treats for the kiddos, is how we like to celebrate.  I, also, made cards for everyone, of course!  I've shown you most of them, already, right here on my blog; but I made this sweet, little, shiny number for my baby girl.
I started, this card, by spritzing a piece of watercolor paper with Jack Frost, Key Lime, and Pink Bubblegum Glimmer Mists; crumpling a piece of Saran Wrap; smooshing (Yes, I made up this word.  LOL!) it into the beautiful, wet mess; and allowing it to dry.  I used this same technique for our September, Wplus9 Design All Eyes On... Color Misting and linked up a YouTube video to it back here.  It, really, does have such fantastic shine.  These pictures just don't do it justice.  Sigh.
While it was drying, I punched my hearts from Melon Mambo cardstock and stamped them, in Melon Mambo ink, with a variety of sentiments, including "LOVE", "XOXOXO", "All MY LOVE", "hugs & kisses", "{hearts}", "BE MINE", and "YOU MAKE ME HAPPY".  They were then adhered in two columns, three in each, down the center of the card face, before I machine stitched, with bright-green-threaded, straight stitches, photo-like corners and adhered it to the Tempting Turquoise, cardstock, card face.
A length of Pink Sorbet twine, wrapped, around the card face, three times, between the top, two rows of hearts and tied, in a bow, to the right edge of the card face...
completes the look.
My inspiration, for this card, came from Embellish's Color Trends Challenge With Hearts.
And just for fun, until I can sort through the over 100 pictures I took of the wedding, I have a pretty, little take of the hair clip I made Adina to wear as the flower girl.
It's just a basic, layered, box flower, made from felt, with a Stampin' Up, Vintage brad center; but then, I thought it might clash with the white roses that were supposed to go on her sash.  So, I made this sweet and simple clip, that wouldn't conflict with the look of the roses, and thought I'd let the bride decide.
But I couldn't stop there.  I was having so much fun making clips for my little kiddo, that I made five more, for every day use, with all the pretty ribbons in my stash.  Believe it or not, it was difficult to stop with just those additional five; but I had kiddos beckoning me, the littlest of which wanted to wear all the clips at once, before the glue had dried.  LOL!  So, I had to call it quits, for now, but they're so easy and fun that there'll be more to come in the near future.
Before I run, I have a few, fun features, that occurred while we were away, to share with you all.  This card made the CARDS Doily Challenge line-up on CREATE:, and this design got a Top Three recognition at CASE Study...
as well as the Lead at Stacey's Stamping Stage.  Thank you so much to all the designers who made these recognitions possible.  I am beyond grateful, ever so humbled, and extremely honored!  My cup runneth over!  Thank you!
That's all, for now, from my neck of the woods; but I'll be back, late tonight, with a fun, Wplus9 Design Color Cue {12}.  Until then, have a fabulous, heart day, ya'll!  And don't forget to get those entries linked up, by the close of tomorrow EST, for Challenge #68 in The Play Date Cafe.

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: So Many Sayings (SU) Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, & watercolor (SU) Ink: Melon Mambo (SU) Other: bright green thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); heart punch (EK Success); Jack Frost, Key Lime Pie, & Pink Bubblegum Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); Pink Sorbet twine (The Twinery)

7 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is such a great technique, Jinny! Thanks for sharing. Thanks so much for joining Embellishes Color Trends with Hearts challenge!

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! I love the bit of baker's twine that you added to it!! Happy Valentine's Day! ♥♥♥

patti west said...

love your card & awesome misting technique, jinny!! thanks for sharing that w/us! maybe one day I will be brave enough to give it a try. lol! your little girl hair clips are adorable too. :)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

We love Red Robin. Yum!
Your card is so pretty. Love the fun colors. :)

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, I love the background it looks like a watercolour. Fantastic clips you have made for your little girl too! Congrats on your wins, very well deserved!

Libby Hickson said...

This background is GORGEOUS!! I'm teaching a class next weekend, I may have to borrow this for one of the techniques - bet it would make some pretty flowers! Love your finished card!

Trinh said...

Beautiful background you created, Jinny! Love the stitching in the corners. Thanks for leaving a sweet comment on my blog! I emailed a reply to your comment; not sure if you received it?