GS #74 & Tuesday Trigger: Comfy Cozy

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Good evening!  I have a soft, sweet, little number, for you all, tonight.
I started this card by dry embossing the weave pattern on Whisper White cardstock and machine stitching a black-threaded, straight stitch around the edges of it.  I, then, set it aside to piece the 1" wide, patterned papers on a piece of computer paper; round all four corners; machine stitch more, black-threaded, straight stitches on either side of the paper, strip connections; and adhere it to the right side of my dry embossed piece, before adhering it all to the Bordering Blue, cardstock, card face.
A length of seam binding ribbon was, then, wrapped around the horizontal center of the card face; tied, in a dressy bow, just to the left of the patterned, paper strips; and embellished with a light blue button, laced with white string; a Cricut-cut, from Whisper White cardstock, and stamped, in Bravo Burgundy and Bordering Blue inks, with the "welcome HOME" sentiment, tag...
and a stamped, in Bravo Burgundy, Bordering Blue, and Basic Grey inks, on Whisper White cardstock, glittered, and hand cut house.
A wood, heart, bingo marker, adhered to the center of the prepped house, completes the look.
My inspiration, for this card, came from Get Sketchy's Challenge #74...
and Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: Comfy Cozy.  I was, completely, drawn to that soft, comfy, white quilt next to the bold, iron frame. Yum-O!
I'm going to get this posted, because I'm not sure as to the exact time the challenge ends.  It just says before Friday.  So, I'll post it and come back to edit with some, fun pictures of the last couple of days.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hugs!

K... I'm back!  Hee!  I wanted to tell you all thank you ever so much for the all the wishes for feeling better both physically and mentally.  I'm happy to say that I'm doing so much better.  My stomach has settled, and I've sworn off fried foods.  Gracious!  It was just a few, Red Robin, french fries, but I guess that I don't eat them frequently enough.  Evidently, my kiddos don't either; because they, too, have been keeping the bathroom busy.  (Insert sheepish grin.)  I'm, also, still, learning to prioritize.  I tend to put sleep and food last and just run, until everything is done.  Even then, I, still, feel as though I'm coming up short; and to top it all off, I don't feel good.  I'm not superwoman, though.  So, like I said, I'm, still, learning to prioritize.

After feeling a bit caught up and getting a sweet email from a precious friend, which I really needed (Thanks, Kari!), I stepped away from the computer, Wednesday night; made Popeye Eggs for my kiddos, as my hubby was away at a church meeting, and my kiddos LOVE Popeye Eggs; and spent some time baking and decorating Valentine's Day cookies (Our trip to Dallas put a kink in our usual, Valentine's Day activities, but I wouldn't have done it any other way.) with two of my most favorite people.  Ezekiel was a HUGE help with the cutting and decorating...
and Adina was super at cleaning up.
Together, we had all these delicious treats to show for our hard work, and because the floor pretty much looked just as messy as the table, we invited our pups to help with the dirty work.  Hee!
And if treasured messages and precious, holiday memories, made with my kiddos, weren't enough to brighten my spirits, 70 degree temperatures and this sweet, little, spring time, art project, that my big kiddo made today, just couldn't, possibly, keep me down.
Thanks so much, again, for peeking in!  And have a great Friday, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: House a Home (Ippity) Paper: Bordering Blue & Whisper White (SU); all patterned (unknown) Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Bordering Blue, & Basic Grey (SU) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Corner punch, Weave Texturz Plate, & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); light blue button (Paper Studio); white thread (Hobby Lobby); seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft); wood bingo marker (Maya Road); Big Shot (Sizzix)

16 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh my word, this is beautiful!

lotte chew said...

beautiful card!! love the ribbon!

Fiona said...

Jinny that card is soft, and subtle and sublimely pretty :) And wowsers it looks like your kids had fun! Glad to hear you are feeling a little better :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I like the texture of the white embossed piece.

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for joining in on all the fun! :)

Sharon D from Canada said...

Congrats on having your pretty card chosen as a trigger target, Jinny!

Jacqueline said...

Congrats Jinny, your card is very eye-catching!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jinny! Your patterns and texture are so pretty! Susanne (lavender & roses)

Sylvia said...

Congratulation, Jinny! I knew this was a winner, but am always afraid to say it, so I waited!

Julie Day said...

Congrats on your Target Trigger win! Love all the details and I am envious of the machine stitched elements! Beautiful :)

Julie Day said...

Oh goodness its been a long day...I meant Trigger Target lol :)

Kristin said...

What a lovely card!! All the sewing elements are theperfect touch, along with that house - fabulous! Congrats on your Moxie win!

Trinh said...

This is a beautiful take on the Trigger & sketch, Jinny! Congrats for being picked as a Trigger!

Michellem said...

This card is fabulous, Jinny - Congrats on your Trigger shout out!!

Nerina said...

Congratulations on the Trigger Jinny! This is such a soft and pretty card - it feels 'homey' and full of hugs all over!

jen said...

Love this, Jinny! And the pics of your kids are priceless! Congrats on the trigger! :)