GS #75 & Totally Hues #2

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Good evening, ya'll!  What a busy day it has been around our house!  It was a good day to stay inside and get things done, though.  The sleet has been pelting at our windows for most of the day, and tonight, the snow is making an appearance, yet again.  But we all just ate a yummy, enchilada dinner and are warm, full, and happy.  So, it's a good day; and even better, now, because I have a creation to share.
I started, this card, by dry embossing a piece of Whisper White cardstock with small dots; machine stitching, with turquoise and aqua-threaded, straight stitches, a circular design in its center; stamping the "JUST because" sentiment, in Chocolate Chip ink, just inside the bottom right edges of the stitching; roughing up the edges of the prepped piece; and adhering it to the Rose Red, cardstock, card face.
I, then, wrapped a white, seam binding ribbon, around the card face, just above the sentiment; tied it, in a dressy bow, just left of center; and embellished it with an aqua button, laced with a Pink Sorbet, twine bow...
to complete the look.
My inspiration, for this card, came from Get Sketchy's Sketch #75...
and Heather Pulvirenti's Totally Hues: Challenge #2.
And just because I couldn't resist, I had to show you all a couple of sweet pictures of my kiddos.  But before I do, let me set it up.  I was talking on the phone with my hubby in the living room and walked around the corner into the kitchen, because I knew they were both in there, and it was a little too quiet.  Most days, they are just at each other's throats.  Call it the age difference or the gender difference or the fact that they're siblings.  Whatever you may, actually getting along, peacefully, without my presence, is a rare occasion.  So, anyway, I walked around the corner to find this.
How stinkin' cute is that?!  I mean, I know that I'm, completely, biased, being they're mine and all; but it's moments like this that make being a Mommy, truly, the best occupation in the world!  Thanks so much for peeking in, and have a wonderful night, bloggers!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Giga Guidelines (PTI) Paper: Whisper White & Rose Red (SU) Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU) Other: aqua & turquoise thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Small Dots Texturz Plate & distressing tool (SU); seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); aqua button (Jesse James & Co. Grandma's Grab Bag); Pink Sorbet twine (The Twinery)

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh my..those pictures are so precious...your not biased...they are priceless! And...I love absolutely every last detail on your card...hope you're submitting it to CARDS for their current call too! It is fabulous!

Laurel said...

This is awesome! and those pictures how adorable!

PapierGirl said...

Great take on this week's sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at GS! :)

Jenny said...

Such a cute card! And aww how sweet!! :) :) :) :) ... have a great weekend!! Hugs!

Isha said...

Gorgeous card and lovely cute pictures. You inspire me so much. TFS

Michele Gross said...

So cute!! That is an awwww moment for sure!! I smell scrapbook layout coming :) LOVE this card-so cool and creative!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! This card is super cute--love all the stitching...and I love love love that pic of your little ones hugging:) LOVE that you had your camera ready! That is awesome:) Great memories!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Your picture is so adorable! I wonder, did she climb up into his lap? My son (who is the same age as yours) seems to get along a lot better with my now 4 yr old than his other 7 yr old sister. We have some of these moments too. Thanks for sharing and your cards are gorgeous, as always!

Wendy said...

Congrats Jinny --- you won Get Sketchy!

Heather P. said...

This is simply gorgeous!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card Jinny! Love it! Well done for winning at Get Sketchy! You totally deserve it!