MFW: Paper Piecing & Curtain Call {Act 70}

Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm back, as promised, in my previous, Friday Faves post, with a bright, happy creation for my papercrafty friend, Kim, who just announced that she and her hubby are expecting Baby #2.  Congratulations, Rydens!
I started, this card, by stamping my image, in Basic Black ink, on a square of cloud, patterned paper.  I, then, paper pieced all elements of the image with a variety of patterned papers, as well as Blush Blossom cardstock...
framed the image with a piece of Whisper White cardstock, which I anchored with bright-green-threaded, straight, machine stitches and matted it all with a piece of punched, across its bottom edge, texture, aqua, patterned paper, before adhering it to the Tangerine Tango, cardstock, card face.
A white, seam binding ribbon was, then, wrapped around the card face; tied, in a dressy bow, just left of center; and embellished with an aqua button, laced with Caribbean twine.
Finally, I white embossed the "Congratulations" sentiment, near the bottom right corner of the card face...
to complete the look.
My inspiration, for this card, came from the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and Curtain Call's Color Challenge: {Act 70}.
That's all, from my neck of the woods, for today.  Please don't forget that you have until the close of tonight PST to link up your entries for Wee Memories' Scrappy Saturday Challenge #44: Source of InspirationThen, I'll be back, first thing in the morning, with a brand new challenge to start the weekend out right.  Have a blessed day, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Baby Bump (My Favorite Things) Paper: Tangerine Tango, Blush Blossom, Whisper White, & cloud, green damask, & orange zig-zag patterned (SU); multicolored text patterned (Creative Imaginations); orange damask (Pink Paislee); aqua patterned (The Girls' Paperie); black gingham (K&Company); black polka dot patterned (My Mind's Eye); texture aqua patterned (DCWV) Ink: Basic Black (SU); VersaMark Other: bright green thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); aqua button (Paper Studio); Caribbean twine (The Twinery); white embossing powder (Ranger); Scallop punch (SU)

15 comments:

Laurel said...

This is so cute, great use of the colors!

AnitaRex said...

Swoooo cute! I love all the pp's you used, I want boots like that!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is sooooo cute!!!

Christina said...

Oh my word, this is so cute! Your paper piecing is awesome, such a great mix of patterns and colors. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Curtain Call!

Wendy said...

Fun paper piecing...awesome how everyhing look sooo good together, just love it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Beautiful card! Please share with me a tutorial on how to make that bow! JUST GORGEOUS:)

These colors are soooooooo similar to the PDCC! LOVE IT:) Great card--fab paper piecing:)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome card Jinny. Love the paper-piecing. Perfect image and embellishments. :o) Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call.

Patrice said...

Love it!

Kirei na Kami said...

Jinkies!!! This card is FABULOUS!!! I love the bright, cheerful colors...all the flawless paper piecing...and your beautiful bow is amazing!!! I know your friend is going to LOVE this awesome card!!! I am nowhere close to expecting, and I LOVE IT!!!

Nerina said...

This is simply fantastic! Your paper piecing is wonderful - and your pattern and colour mix is totally awesome!

yyam said...

This is so lovely! Really love the mix of papers and patterns! Awesome paper piecing!

Laurel said...

OMG - this is the CUTEST baby card I have ever seen! I totally would dress like that if pregnant and I would wear those boots 24/7. I love this and know your friend will too! Heck, I want it and I'm not even pregnant! :)

Tammy said...

The details are impecable!!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for entering the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the stampy fun! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.