Papercrafty Friends

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Note: If you haven't, yet, checked out my Wplus9 Feb. Release: Group Post, please be sure to scroll down.

Those of you who are regular followers of my blog know that we've been doing a little renovating in my crafty, loft space.  Well, I'm happy to say that all our sanding; painting; moving furniture; replacing of the old, rickety, way too much space between spindles railing; re-organizing; and tearing out and replacing old carpet is, quickly, coming to a close.  My Dad came up, this weekend, to put in a gorgeous new railing, completely, labor-free, and new carpet was laid yesterday.  I just cannot wait to show you all my space!  However, I want to make sure that it is finished in full.  We, still, need to paint and put in the trim and frame our skylight, but rest assured that it is right around the corner and that I'll get pictures posted just as soon as I can.  Yippeee!

Until then, how about a few pictures of my little kiddo, playing in all the chaos.  We have been storing all the furniture in the least busy place, which, in reality, isn't anywhere, in our little abode; but if you look, carefully, you can see my baby girl in the middle of it all, wearing a stylish, orange-rimmed hat.
Then, here she was, yesterday, using the carpet, before it was laid, as a comfy stool.
Anyway, with all that crazy business going on, I haven't had access to all my crafting supplies, but I didn't want to leave you all inspiration-less.  So, I've got a few, handmade cards, that my crafty friends sent me for my birthday this year, to share, with you all, today.  The first is from my sister-in-law, Courtney.  Love her torn edges and the way she re-used that beautiful ribbon from the Christmas gift we gave her last year!
The other four, that I have for you all, came from a few of the, extremely, talented ladies on our Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge Design Team.  The first is from Laurel.  I just adore that enormous strawberry and the way she used ribbon and a button to dress up its stem!  And her stitching is yum-o!
The next is from Vera.  That "happy" banner, all hanging from a length of baker's twine, and adorable puppy, sitting on a patch of stamped grass, completely, make this card irresistible!
This cutie is from Ann.  I just love her color combo and the way she rocked that polka dot embossing folder and framed her dimensional image!  Plus, that sentiment just makes me smile!
 
And, finally, I got this gorgeous card from Anita.  It's bold, color combo; striking, wet embossed flower; and punched edge, all tied together with that scrumptious baker's twine, simply, blow me away!
I'm sure that these ladies have inspired you, a-plenty, for the entire month; but I'll, still, be back, tomorrow night, with another, gorgeous, color story in The Play Date Cafe.  Remember that you have until the close of today EST to link up those entries for our current, color splash Challenge #66.  Thanks so much for peeking in!  Oh!  And I didn't get a chance to share, with you all, that I was a Sketchy Thursdays Fave, last week, for this creation!  Eeek!  Just loving their sketches!  Thank you so much, ladies!
Stay warm and safe, bloggers! We're bunkering down and staying home until this blizzard passes through.  Pictures to come.

4 comments:

Berenice R. said...

Gorgeous cards! :)

Ann said...

Great cards! So glad you got mine!

Patrice said...

What a cute little girl!

AnitaRex said...

Oh I missed this post! Love all the cards you received! Thanks for showing mine! :>