PDCC67

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Welcome back to another, fabulous week, specifically for Challenge #67, in The Play Date Cafe!
Our sponsor, for this week, is our very own Ruby 2 Shoes McGuire.  She has donated a couple of Ippity stamp sets for one, very special, uber talented, papercrafty winner.
Oh, my gracious! That flower is scrumptious!  This is sooo not a color combo that I would've picked out without Ruby's help, but I, absolutely, LOVE it!  So much so, that I put it, permanently, into our 2010 family album with this layout.
I started, this layout, by trimming the top and bottom of a piece of Whisper White cardstock with two, different, red, patterned papers; punching the prepped piece down its left side; adhering it to the textured, Pink Pirouette, cardstock page; and anchoring it, on three sides, with a machine-stitched, bright-blue-threaded, double frame.  I, then, layered a couple of blue, patterned papers, as well as a punched strip of Bravo Burgundy cardstock and machine-stitched them all together with pink-threaded, straight and zig-zag stitches.
After adhering my photographs, I stamped a piece of Bravo Burgundy cardstock, in Moonlight White ink, with the floral images; clear embossed the "Life is not MEASURED by the number of breaths we take, but instead it is by the MOMENTS that take our breath away" subtitle in its bottom, right corner; punched a half moon shape in its left short side; and machine stitched it, on three sides, to my layout, with bright-blue-threaded, zig-zag stitches, before tucking it full of a birthday, love letter from my hubby, as well as our dinner receipt, and embellishing it with a red, label sticker, boasting my Jan. 22 '10 date, which was written in Cherry Cobbler ink, and the blue, "hb", foam, glitter, Thickers title.
Finally, I journaled, in Bravo Burgundy ink, BJ treated me to a special night out to dinner for my BIRTHDAY, which was stamped in Brilliant Blue ink, and surprised me with a beautiful letter.  I am so blessed to have the love of my life as my best friend.
A stamped, in Pink Pirouette ink, heart, over the word letter in my journaling; a little distressing, to the layout's base page, with Ivory White acrylic paint and a dry brush; and a couple of red, vellum, embellished butterflies, complete the look.
Other than the beautiful graphic above, further inspiration, for this layout, was gathered from one of Becky Fleck's August Pagemaps.
Well, that's all from my snowed-in but cozy, happy, full, little, old self.  Thanks so much for peeking in!  I, truly, treasure each and every visit and comment!  You have until next Tuesday, February 8, 2011, at 11:59 pm EST, to link up your projects.  And, as always, don't forget to check out what the rest of our team has in store, for you all, today.

Julie Ranae
Sarah Anderson
Savannah O'Gwynn
Ruby McGuire
Andrea Ewen
Colleen Dietrich

Fiona Shultz
Jaclyn Miller
Libby Hickson
Michele Gross
Tracey Kuzniak

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After, Sweet Nothings, & Spring Post (Wplus9); Love in Return (Unity) Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White, textured Pink Pirouette, & both bright blue patterned (SU); red doily patterned (October Afternoon); distressed red patterned (Cosmo Cricket) Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Brilliant Blue, Pink Pirouette, & Cherry Cobbler (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance); VersaMark Other: red vellum embellished butterflies (Jenni Bowlin); blue foam glitter Thickers (American Crafts); red label sticker (7 Gypsies); Threading Water Border punch (Fiskars); clear embossing powder & Scallop & 1/2" Circle punches (SU); pink & bright blue thread (Coats); sewing machine (Janome); Ivory White acrylic paint (FolkArt)

15 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

I always enjoy layouts from our team and I love that it gives us a glimpse into your family at the same time....THICKERS...LOVE EM!!!

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful layout full of special things and happy memories :) Love the way you've added so many fabby elements and its just gorgeous!

Fiona said...

Naww Jinny - you two look so happy!! You must have had the absolute best time :) Love your LO (love Becky Fleck sketches too!) - and a great way to combine all those rich colours!

Ruby said...

What a fabulous layout! You both look so happy. Love how you've done the word birthday in a different colour. I really like how you've combined the colours too, thanks for making them look so good together!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a great layout Jinny! I loved looking at your pictures and all of those wonderful accents you used! A fabulous job with the colors!

Loli said...

hello jinny, thank you for your comment about my card, today i'm so glad and happy.
thank you for visiting my blog.
Beautiful family and scrap layout. Sorry for my english, is really horrific.
Hugs from spain.

Colleen Dietrich said...

I love how you can pretty much just whip out a layout, Jinny! You need to teach me! As usual, you took a color story and "soared" with it. Great job.

Ann said...

Fun LO, Jinny!

Maria said...

A very sweet layout journaling your birthday! Happy late birthday to you!!! Love how your placed the thickers and the birthday in a different color! Sweet butterflies and great mix of paper!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Beautiful layout of a gorgeous couple!!

Maria Elena said...

Wow what a great LO with plenty of details incorporated... Also I can't wait to see your new pic of your scraproom and your kids playing around (as always our kids do!) xoxo

Have a great Friday ;-)
Maria Elena.-
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOOW! What a fabulous LO--love all the layers and ways you used these colors! I love how creative you are! This is so fun! Great job:)

Libby Hickson said...

Another wonderful layout, Jinny! And I have to admit, I'm a little jealous of your fabulous handwriting!! I wish mine looked that great! :-)

Benzi said...

What a great layout and a wonderful treasure to keep. Super use of those colors. BTW, I enjoyed seeing your snow pictures. I even had some to share this year and I'm in the southern U.S. so that snow was a terrific treat for us.

Sarah Anderson said...

that blue adds such a great splash of colour on the layout - fab!