PDCC69

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #69...
which just so happens to be our very first Combined Grind Challenge with CASE Study's Challenge #27, inspired by their February Muse Eva Dobilas!  So, uber fun!
Our sponsor, for this week, is Ippity...
with this gorgeous, little, stamp set up for grabs in the Cafe.
One, talented player, who takes on both challenges, will win this fabulous, prize package worth $30.
I doubt you need more than to take a glimpse of Eva's card, in The Play Date Cafe graphic, above, to be inspired to create any number of things; but I, still, have a pretty, simple, little take to attempt to do so, even further, for you all, today.
I started, this card, by machine stitching a red-threaded, straight-stitch frame around the outside edges of the black, chain link, patterned paper; trimming it across the bottom with a punched strip of Real Red cardstock; dressing it up, just above the punched strip, with a section of a white, paper doily; and adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I have seen tutorials for making gorgeous flowers, similar to the one that graces my card, all over blog land and YouTube; but every time I go to make one, I think, "This will never get through the mail in one piece."  Well, our neighbors, lovingly, cared for our pups, without a single complaint and, even, with excitement, while we were in Dallas, last week; so, I had a reason to make a card that would be hand delivered and thought they'd be the perfect recipients for that gorgeous bloom.  So, I used this tutorial and cut my five-petal flowers, rather than the six-petal flowers the video uses, with my Cricut, from Real Red cardstock.  Once it was all put together, I spritzed it with Pearl Glimmer Mist; adhered it, to the left edge of my card face, just above my punched strip; and flanked it with three leaves, one adhered flat to the card surface and the other two with dimensionals.
I was, completely, drawn to Eva's gingham leaves.  So, I stamped the gingham image, in Garden Green ink, on Garden Green cardstock.  I, then, stamped the leaf images, in Jet Black ink, right over the gingham pattern, hand cut them out, and adhered them in their respective locations.  The banner was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on Whisper White cardstock; distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; hand cut out; stamped with the "because nice matters" sentiment, in Garden Green ink, in its center; and adhered, tucked under the right side of my flower, in a wave.
Finally, I wrapped a black ribbon, around the card face, between the patterned paper and punched edge and tied it, in a bow, just right of center...
to complete the look.
You have until Tuesday, February 22, 2011, at 11:59 pm EST, to link up your takes for the Cafe and/or CASE Study.  Cannot wait to see what you all come up with!  You blew me away with all your shabby chic, pink and kraft takes last week!  And thank you ever so much for reaching out, to little, `ol me, with all your super, sweet comments!  I appreciate you all more than I'll ever be able to put into words!  Please don't forget to check out all the fabulous designs from my fellow team members.  They all work so hard for you!

Julie Ranae
Savannah O'Gwynn
Ruby McGuire
Andrea Ewen
Fiona Shultz
Jaclyn Miller
Libby Hickson
Michele Gross
Tracey Kuzniak
Colleen Dietrich
AND please help us welcome the famously talented, owner of CASE Study, Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) as our guest this week!  I'm sure that you all are no stranger to her gorgeous designs; fantastic abilities to combine colors and elements into cohesively, papercrafted beauties; and seemingly, unending time to create.  She, truly, amazes me!  We love you, Chupa!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9); Gurnsey Gingham & Love In Return (Unity); Sweet Little Sentiments (SU) Paper: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Garden Green, & Whisper White (SU); black chain link patterned (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Garden Green (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: edger punch (EK Success); red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); black ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Pearl Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); dimensionals (Scotch); George & Basic Shapes, Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft)

14 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

BEE-autiful!!! I love that rose and I have to say, I thought you bought a ready-made one. It's so professional looking!
Wonderful job on the 'combined grind', Jinny!

Fiona said...

excellent work Jinny! I love that rose ;)

Jaclyn Miller said...

I am just blown away by that rose you've created. The shimmeryness of it - ah swoon. Beautiful take this week.

Michele Gross said...

That rose is FAN-tastic!! Gosh, a few of them in the corner of a frame would be something special for sure!! I'm sure you'll be making lots of these as they look really fun! :)

Elise said...

My creative tail is wagging from the fabulousness! What a great post, Jinny! I hope I can find my way to the Cafe this week! Yipeeeee! Your work ROCKS, sweet one!

Andrea Ewen said...

Your arrangement of colors is wonderfully striking! Love that gorgeous flower, the doily and the super stitching. A masterpiece!

Ruby said...

Wow Jinny that flower is stunning! Such a gorgeous, elegant card, love it!

Tracey said...

That is ONE FABULOUS flower Jinny!!!! Gorgeous card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOVE that flower--so gorgeous! LOVE all the glimmer and fabulous details! You rocked this challenge:)

Linda Beeson said...

That flower is so gorgeous especially in the color combo you used for the entire card.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous rose and I love the red stitching which adds so much dimension. Lovely piece. Tracy Evans x

Monique said...

Great card..That rose is outstanding..simply Beautiful :)..Have a great weekend !!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a nice post, Jinny! Love your striking card, and I see that you've already been noticed for it, so congrats on that!

Benzi said...

Such a beautiful flower and I am always looking for tutorials for lovely flowers and can't wait to check out this one. The leaves are fabulous, too. Your card is a gorgeous delight!!!