PDCC70

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hope you all had fun with last week's first ever, Combine Grind Challenge with CASE Study!  Your entries were fantastic and, completely, Eva-inspired!  Way to charge ahead with change!  Now, how about another, fabulous, color story?  Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #70!
Our Guest Designer, for this week, is Maria Gurnsey; and she has, generously, donated two sets of Ippity Stamps for our winner.
Our color story inspired me to do a little something different this week.  Way back here, I made my baby girl a sweet, little, Valentine tutu, using Samster Mommy's 10 Minute Tutu tutorial.  It was so easy that I made several more, but then, I saw this post, by my fellow, PDCC Design Team member, Libby Hickson, and thought it was time for a tutu make-over.  You see, the elastic I used for the waist bands stretched too much and separated the tulle knots, making the tutus look super funky.  Not to mention, they wouldn't stay up, around my baby girl's waist, anymore.  So, I took Adina's turquoise tutu all apart; thread my tulle onto a length of turquoise ribbon; tied knots, at either end, to hold my tulle in place; and used what was left of my four yards of ribbon spool to dress up the tutu, with three lengths of ribbon, between the tulle knots.
I found that fun, little clip at Hobby Lobby and knew that it would be perfect to add to my project.
I, then, made an orange, felt rose, using The Purl Bee's Molly's Sketchbook: Rose Barrettes tutorial (I LOVE this tutorial and have used it more times than I should, probably, admit!  Check out more fun projects, that I made, using this tutorial, here, here, and here.); gave it a couple of bright green, felt leaves; and completed the look with a turquoise, saddle stitch ribbon.
I decided to leave it all on the clip so it would be easy to remove, from the tutu, for washing; and with just the right outfit, it would even be perfect in Adina's hair.  The only thing left to do is to see how stinkin' cute it looks on my little kiddo.
Thanks so much for peeking in, ya'll!  Have a wonderful rest of your week!  And please, be sure to check out the rest of the team's creations and link up your fabulosities by 11:59 pm EST next Tuesday, March 1, 2011.  Thanks again!

Julie Ranae
Sarah Anderson
Savannah O'Gwynn
Ruby McGuire
Andrea Ewen
Colleen Dietrich
Fiona Shultz
Jaclyn Miller
Libby Hickson
Michele Gross
Tracey Kuzniak
AND, like I said before, please help us welcome this week's Guest Designer, Maria Gurnsey.  I was just introduced to Maria's work through her spotlight in the Cafe, but in perusing through her blog, I can tell that we would get along, absolutely, brilliantly, because she loves gingham ribbons and stitching... two of my favorite things!  LOL!  So good to have you, Maria!

15 comments:

Fiona said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Jinny! And the fairy skirt is pretty awesome too :)

Michele Gross said...

Look how adorable she is in that sweet tutu!! What a wonderful project for this week :D

patti west said...

ohmygosh, Jinny...this tiny tutu (& your baby girl) are totally adorable!!! You have the best ideas! :) :)

Andrea Ewen said...

How incredibly adorable! Looks like your daughter loved this little treasure! Very creative, Jinny!

Sherri Thompson said...

Absolutely amazing, Jinny! Adina is a lucky little girl to have such a talented mommy-and such a fabulous tutu! :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

LOVE IT! Looks like I need to jump on board and make my daughters one too!

Tracey said...

WOW!!! Jinny so perfect !!! LOVE LOVE those kiddo pics...makes my heart melt and they aren't even mine LOL!

Ruby said...

Oh how adorable does she look in Mummy's fab tutu!!!! Love it! What a great use of the colours!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GETTTTTTT out! I looooooove this little tutu--your daughter is super cute! I love how you thought outside the box of cards! THIS is perfect;) LOOOOOOVE!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, and your little girl looks pleased as punch wearing it! A fab creation.

Nana Connie said...

Wonderfully creative! How clever of you to think of that way to revitalize somethign otherwise unusable. TFS. The pictures of your little Treasure are wonderful!

Benzi said...

Just the most adorable creation and your daughter is sooooo happy to be modeling the tutu made by her mommy. Just precious!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I thought I'd see a ton of comments here, Jinny, for this tutu. It's a great idea and way to use our colors for this week!

Sarah Anderson said...

well this was a gorgeous idea anyway but it is even more fabulous on your little cutie !!!! she looks good enough to eat - how sweet is she?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

Libby Hickson said...

This is soooo fabulous Jinny, I'm completely honored that I inspired it in any small way. Love the photos, they are sooo precious! I'm so sorry I didn't comment on this sooner - I looked at the post right away and MEANT TO but somehow didn't - probably distracted by a child. :-) LOVE IT!!!