Scrappy Saturday Challenge #45

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Welcome to Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge #45: United We Stamp, where we'd love to see you all make cards for Operation Write Home (OWH), whose mission is to support our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.  I have only, just, been introduced to OWH through this challenge, but you can be sure that I'm up to speed on their guidelines and needs.  I've, even, got my own FREE, OWH, rubber cling stamp on its way, to me, in the mail, so I can prep and send heaps of cards to this ever so worthy cause.
Our sponsor, for this week, is Unity Stamp Company with a stamp set up for grabs for one lucky winner.  Yeehaw!
So, how about a little inspiration to get you started?
I started this card by stamping the the world image, in Jet Black ink, on a piece of canvas; coloring it in with Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, and Real Red inks; giving the hearts a little bit of shine with Crystal Effects; fraying the edges of it; and machine stitching it, with ivory-threaded, zig-zag stitches, which were tied together in the canvas' top right corner, to a piece of Whisper White cardstock, which had been distressed with Tea Dye Distress Ink.
I, then, trimmed it, across its bottom edge, with a strip of punched, green, polka dot, glitter paper; bright blue, notebook, patterned paper; and black, polka dot, patterned paper, from top to bottom, in that order.  A few, ivory-thread, straight, stitches prep the piece for the Old Olive, cardstock, card face, which had its bottom left corner rounded.  I, then, wrapped a white, seam binding ribbon, around the card face, between the bottom, two, patterned paper connections; tied it, in a dressy bow, near the left edge of the card face; and embellished it with a Pure Poppy button, laced with a baker's twine bow...
as well as a hand cut and stamped, in Pacific Point and Wild Wasabi inks, on Whisper White cardstock, "YOU'RE OUT OF THIS WORLD" sentiment.
A trio of black brads, anchored near the top left corner of the canvas piece, complete the look.
I'm, also, turning this card in to the Stamping With Markers Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. In case you missed it, I used markers to color my canvas image and colored on the stamp to create my sentiment. The latter of which is one of my most favorite ways to use markers.
Now, it's your turn!  Can't wait to see all the wonderful creations you all will make for the precious people who keep our great country free and safe.  You have until next Friday, March 4, 2011, at 11:59 pm EST, to link up your entries.  Oh!  And please be sure to check out what my fellow, crafty designers have cooked up, for you all, today, by clicking on their links in my right side column or by going back to the challenge link above.  This is the last week for our Guest Designer Sarah Moerman.  So, be sure to leave her lots of love.  She has been a doll to work with and made my job, as Guest Coordinator, so stinkin' easy.  Thank you so much for sharing your creativity, with us, this month, Sarah!  And thanks so much, to you all, for stopping by my little corner of the web.  Have a wonderful weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: You're Out of This World (Unity) Paper: Old Olive & Whisper White (SU); green polka dot glitter & black polka dot patterned (My Mind's Eye); bright blue notebook patterned (BoBunny) Ink: Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, & Real Red (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye (Ranger) Other: ivory thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Scallop & Corner punches, black brads, & Crystal Effects (SU); seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); baker's twine (Country Clean Paper Supplies); Pure Poppy button (PTI); dimensionals (Scotch); canvas (unknown)

14 comments:

Laurel said...

Love it, love the canvas!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Fabulous card, Jinny!

Pauline said...

I love that world stamp and the canvas panel, a great design.

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is awesome!!!!

Giovana said...

Your card is fantastic Jinny! I need to get some canvas :) Thanks for the inspiration.

AnitaRex said...

I love that you worked with canvas for this Jinny! I love the look it has! Such a great card! :>

Wendy said...

Your card is "out of this world"... cheesy, but I couldn't resist! I love the look of canvas, especially with your sewing, it looks great.

Monique said...

Oh I love how you have stamped on the canvas Jinny!! Love the big bow too :)!! Wonderful work!

Simone said...

This is so fun! I love how you stamped on the canvas - so pretty :)

Michele Gross said...

Jinny this is sooooo cool! I love the fabulous texture by stamping on the canvas! Super cool card!!

Kate said...

This is fabulous, Jinny!! I love the way you stamped the image on canvas. Everything looks fantastic!

Nana Connie said...

Jinny, it was from your blog that I first heard about Wee Memories, and became a follower of yours. Thanks for your generous comments over on my blog about OWH. Glad to hear you're signed up for the blog hop, too! This is a terrific card!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Markers challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome card! Love the stamping on fabric.
Visiting from Moxie Fab World. :)