Sketchy Thursdays & CCG #180

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Good morning!  Ezekiel's busy working on his arithmetic paper, and Adina's happily sitting, by my side, watching "Monkey" (ie Curious George); so, I have time to bring you all a fun page.
I started, this layout, by adhering a strip of aqua, star, patterned paper to the gray, striped, patterned, paper page and machine stitching, with white-threaded, straight, double stitches, down the lengths of both of its long sides.  I, then, adhered the red, polka dot, patterned paper, slightly overlapping it, and machine stitched, with more, white-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges, tying the thread, in a knot, at all four corners.  My brackets were Cricut-cut from Whisper White cardstock.  Tip: Originally, it was more of a rectangular frame, but I stretched it to square by simply cutting it apart in the center.  Once pictures were adhered, if I hadn't just told you, you never would've known.  Right?!  The "JUNE" Bingo card was, then, adhered, slightly at an angle and overlapping the aqua, star, patterned paper's top, right edge.
My "love my FISH" title was created from alpha stickers and completed with a stamped, in Ruby Red ink, on Whisper White cardstock, fish, which was hand cut out and had a Crystal Effects stripe added to it for shine.
Finally, I hand cut my banner from patterned paper; adhered it with dimensionals; and anchored it, at either end, with Bella brads, wrapped with lengths of Caribbean twine.
I think this must be one of my most favorite, layout designs; because it's, many times, the first arrangement my pictures ever see.  They do tend to morph a bit from there, but that's no never mind for today.  I was loving it so much, it turned into a two-pager.
The other side is, almost, exactly a mirror image of the first...
with the exception of my pictures, a column of black brads...
and my journaling, which reads, You were bumped from a Level 2 to a Level 3 on the 1st day of class and still passed with flying colors.  I'm so proud of you.  {heart}, Mommy.
My inspiration, for this layout, came from Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch...
and Color Combo Galore's Inspiration Board #180.
That's all, from me, for now; but I'll be back, late tonight, with a brand spankin' new color story in The Cafe.  Oh!  And before I run, I'm so excited to tell you all that I was named a ColourQ Courtier for this creation...
and a Trigger Target, in the Moxie Fab World, for this "Welcome Home" card, which I made to welcome my sister-in-law and new brother-in-law home from their honeymoon.  So thrilled, ladies!  Eeek!  Thank you ever so much!  I, truly, am a blessed girl!
Until tonight, have a fantastic day, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Very Punny (SU) Paper: Whisper White & aqua star patterned (SU); red polka dot patterned (KI Memories); gray striped patterned (unknown); banner patterned (The Girls' Paperie) Ink: Basic Black & Ruby Red (SU) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Storybook Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft); black brads & Crystal Effects (SU); red Bella brads (Pink Paislee); Caribbean twine (The Twinery); "JUNE" Bingo card (Jenni Bowlin); red alphas (Cosmo Cricket); black foam Thickers (American Crafts); aqua varsity alphas (Martha Stewart)

4 comments:

lisa said...

Lovely work. I just love your bunting : )

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just STUNNING! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos, the stitching and loveeeeee that banner! Thanks soooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Heather said...

WoW!!! Love how you combined all the challenges and especially the mirrored 2nd page!

papertrails leaver said...

Your double page Layout is incredible! Love the banners! Your stitching with brads to embellish is perfect! Greet way to meet the challenges too! :-). Amy