Sketchy Thursdays & The Studio Challenge

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Good morning!  Oh, my gracious, it's busy around our place!  I've got so much to do, before our trip, and so very little time!  I did want to take a minute to show you all an uber fun layout I worked on this weekend, though.
I started, this layout, by spritzing my textured, Whisper White, cardstock, layout base with Jack Frost Glimmer Mist; stamping, in Brilliant Blue ink, the polka dots; painting Lemonade, acrylic paint over everything; spritzing both Brilliant Blue and Pacific Point inks in various locations; and finally, splatter painting with Winter White, acrylic paint.  Love, love, LOVE this foundation!  I, then, machine stitched, with bright-green-threaded, straight stitches, a make-shift frame around the polka dots.
A punched, across its bottom edge, strip of Wild Wasabi cardstock was, then, adhered near the base of my stitched frame; anchored, across its top edge, with bright-green-threaded, zig-zag stitches; and stamped, in Brilliant Blue ink, near its left edge, with the "{ps... i love you!}" subtitle.  After adhering photographs, I adhered a large, middle-of-my-title "4", which had been hand cut, from Daffodil Delight cardstock, using a template; dry embossed with small polka dots; and distressed with Moonlight White ink, just to the right of my stamped subtitle.  The completed, "can't wait" and "you" title was created from green, alpha stickers and blue, foam, glitter Thickers, respectively.
A hand-written, in Wild Wasabi ink, Sept./Oct. '08 date and a few, punched hearts, machine stitched to the layout, just to the left of my pictures, with bright-green-threaded, straight stitches running down their centers, complete the look.
My inspiration, for this layout, came from this week's Sketchy Thursdays sketch...
and The Studio's February 6th: Sunday Challenge.
That's all, from me, for today; but I'll be back, tomorrow night, with a scheduled, new, color story from The Play Date Cafe.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a terrific Tuesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Dots For Sure & Love in Return (Unity) Paper: Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, & textured, Whisper White (SU); yellow text (Jenni Bowlin); yellow lacy (Crate Paper); blue and green text (Doodlebug Design) Ink: Brilliant Blue, Wild Wasabi, & Pacific Point (SU); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: bright green thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Winter White & Lemonade acrylic paints (FolkArt); Jack Frost Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); Threading Water Border punch (Fiskars); heart punch (EK Success); number template, Small Dots Texturz Plate, & Color Spritzer tool (SU); green alphas (Basic Grey); blue foam glitter Thickers (American Crafts); Big Shot (Sizzix)

12 comments:

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love the bright & beautiful colors. :)

Sarah Anderson said...

FaBuLouS painty splodgy background Jinny! I love it :) Especially those stitched hearts, what a fab idea, might just be stealing that one ;)

Loli said...

Hello Jinny,thank you for your comment about my work, very hard work this week for the CAFE.
I LOVE your layout, beautiful and with to much love.I love the cascade hearts, A good job.
A hug from Palma de Mallorca Spain.
Sorry for my english

Basement Stamper said...

What a beautiful layout, love the sketch you used for it.

lisa said...

Love this. Sweet photos and great use of paint x

jen said...

This is a fab page- love the stitching around the polka dots & on the hearts!!

Anna said...

This is lovely, love all the paint and stitching. Thanks for playing along with us at The Studio!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Awww, Jinny, this is so sweet! ANd I spy another winner, me thinks. ;)

Jeanet said...

Love this! The paint, the stitching through the hearts, the colors and the pics! Awesome take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love love love love the photos, the misting and loving those hearts!! Thanks soooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays and The Studio! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Keshet said...

Love the distressed details! This is so fun! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketchy Thursdays this week!!

Valerie said...

Love all the layers of paint and pattern! Thanks for playing along at the Studio!