TCR #46

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Good morning!  I have another fun, little, inky, painty, spritzy masterpiece, for you all, today.
I started, this layout, by painting Paradise, acrylic paint in the top right corner of a piece of 12" x 12" Whisper White cardstock and softening it, slightly, with Winter White, acrylic paint.  I, then, spritzed everything with Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, & Pacific Point inks; splatter painted with Winter White and Green Tea, acrylic paints; and stamped the splatter images in Basic Black ink and the stars in Wild Wasabi ink, before adhering my photograph and journaling, in Basic Black ink, just to the left of it, There was so much drama centered around loosing your 1st top tooth, but once it was out, you were all smiles.  It won't be long before you'll be missing your... "2 FRONT TEETH".
The "2 FRONT TEETH" title is a Phrase Cafe sticker.
A few, notebook, patterned, paper stars were cut with my Cricut; dry embossed with small dots; and adhered in place, the largest flat to the layout surface and the other two with dimensionals.  Tip: If you spritz the paper, with water, first, your Texturz Plates make a much better impression.  I'm sure that I, probably, read this someplace.  I cannot imagine having come up with this on my own, but if I did, I don't remember.  I just know that it works fantastic!
A length of decorative tape, adhered to the left side of my photograph and anchored with a few staples; a handful of buttons, laced with white string; a smattering of clear gemstones; and a hand-written, in Basic Black ink, to the right of the top right corner of my photograph, 1.2.10 date, complete the look.

My inspiration, for this layout, came from The Color Room's Palette #46: {His Room}.
Well, I've got about a hundred things to get done today, so I'd better run; but thanks so much for peeking in, and I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: So 80's (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White (SU); notebook patterned (Karen Foster) Ink: Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, & Basic Black (SU) Other: Winter White acrylic paint (FolkArt); Paradise & Green Tea acrylic paints (Delta Creative); buttons & Small Dots Texturz Plate (SU); white string (Hobby Lobby); gemstones (Paper Studio); dimensionals (Scotch); "2 FRONT TEETH" sticker (EK Success)

6 comments:

Christina said...

This is just the kind of layout I want to be able to do, but I have such a hard time letting go and being messy with paints and sprays! This is so perfectly balanced and a great use of the colors. I love it!

Monique said...

Great Lo Jinny.. Putting a smile on my face and I have my 2 front teeth but have many pictures with my kids when they didn't lol.. Love this:)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

So cute and fun. Love the colors.

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this page!!!!

Smita said...

This is sooo cool. Love the journaling too :)

yyam said...

This is just awesome! Great paint work! And what a cute photo! Love your handwriting too! :)