CASE Study #29

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Good morning!  We've got friends coming over, to play, in just a short while; so I'll get right to the creation, that I have for you all, today.
I started, this card, by adhering the small piece of damask, patterned paper to the larger piece of polka dot, patterned paper; machine stitching white-threaded, straight stitches around the edges of both pieces; and adhering the entire prepped piece to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card face, before wrapping a sheer, brown, polka dot ribbon, horizontally, around the card face, between the two patterned papers and tying it, in a bow, near the right edge of the card face.
My sentiment frame was die-cut from Whisper White cardstock; distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; stamped, in Taken With Teal ink, with the frame and, in Chocolate Chip ink, with the "Chance made us sisters, hearts made us friends" sentiment; glittered around its edges; and adhered, just below the ribbon bow, with dimensionals.
Finally, that scrumptious, fabric flower is a pin I made using some leftover fabric from my sister's Christmas apron and this Charmed Flower tutorial I found on the JBS Blog.
I, then, stitched the Vintage Style button to the front and a circle of felt to the back for my pin to be glued, albeit using a bit too much glue (LOL!), upon...
before sticking it through the card face, just to the left of the ribbon bow...
to complete the look.
My inspiration, for this card, came from this beautiful card, created by Case Study's March Muse Julee Tilman, for Challenge #29.
I'm, also, so, stinkin' excited, to tell you all, that I was named a ColourQ Courtier for this creation.  Thanks ever so much to Arielle and her team of talented crafters!  I'm, truly, honored!
And thanks so much, to all of you, for peeking in!  May each and every one of you have an extra blessed day!  Oh!  Also, please, don't forget that you have until the close of today EST to link up your entries for Challenge #71 in The Play Date Cafe.

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Brothers & Sisters (Wplus9) Paper: Chocolate Chip & Whisper White (SU); both patterned (unknown) Ink: Taken With Teal & Chocolate Chip (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); All Occasion Label die (Wplus9); sheer brown polka dot ribbon & pin (Hobby Lobby); dimensionals (Scotch); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); fabric & felt (JoAnn Fabric); brown Vintage Style button (JBS)

16 comments:

Christina said...

How gorgeous is that fabric flower! I mean, WOW! You're one clever, crafty chick!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

How gorgeous! That flower pin is sensational!

patti west said...

Really, Jinny...your cards knock my socks off. You are always coming up with something that I've never seen before!! Love your fabric flower!!! Gorgeous!! Thanks for the continued inspiration. :) :)

Monique F said...

Just Beautiful!!! I love, love that fabric flower you made, now you have me heading over to watch the tutorial ... thanks :)

Aimes said...

Wowzers! That flower is truly stunning!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Monique said...

Look at that flower.. Wowza!!! Beautiful!!! Great card!!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful flower!

Tracey said...

Oh my!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, stunning. Fun to see the new WPlus9 set in action.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty pin Jinny. Love the colors and the textures. :o) Great card to go with it.

Jean Martin said...

Oh Jinny this is fabulous! I love that flower! It's perfect for the card. So glad you could join us at CASE Challenge this week! :)

Maria said...

Wow, that is a fabulous fabric flower...LOVE IT!!! A very lovely card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that flower--stunning! And so clever to put a pin on the card--as decoration! LOVE!!!

Sue Kohler said...

I just can't look past the awesome flower, fabulous focal point! love love love it!
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study! :)

Libby Hickson said...

Love this!! The colors are FAB and that pin is beyond gorgeous! WOW!!

natasha said...

I really loved the fabric flower as well! So pretty. I love the color combo you used. I watched the tutorial but was wondering....did you use one long piece of thread and just twisted it around to form the flower or did you make several lengths and layer them? Thanks!