cQc #77 & WMSC39

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yesterday was our babysitter's birthday, and I wanted to make her a fun, little, happy card that would, also, please Mailman Ron with very little bulk.  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by machine stitching, with white-threaded, straight stitches, around the edges of that yummy, barn board, patterned paper (I cannot put this stuff down, ya'll!), before adhering it to the Elegant Eggplant, cardstock, card face, which had been dry embossed with the harlequin pattern.
I, then, stamped my banner pendants, from left to right, all on Whisper White cardstock, in Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, and Bashful Blue inks.  The first was, then, glittered.  The second was embellished with a teal, felt, star button, laced with white string.  The third was decked out with light blue gemstones, and the fourth and final was given shine with a little, Starry Night Stickles.  LOVE the way all the colors mix with one another between the stamping and embellishing!  They were all distressed with Tea Dye ink; adhered, arched across the top of the card face, with dimensionals; and anchored, on either end, with hemp twine bows...
to complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from ColourQ's Challenge #77...
and Waltzingmouse's Sketch Challenge #39.
We're off, for story time at the library, in just a few; but I wanted to remind you all that a brand new color story begins late tonight CST, over at The Play Date Cafe.  So, please, be sure to come back and check it out!  Until then, thanks so much for peeking in, and have a fantastic day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Friendly Flags (Hero Arts) Paper: Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White (SU); barn board patterned (Paper Studio) Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, & Bashful Blue (SU); Tea Dye (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); hemp twine & white string (Hobby Lobby); light blue gemstones (Paper Studio); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); dimensionals (Scotch); Starry Night Stickles (Ranger); teal felt star button (JoAnn Fabrics); Harlequin Texturz Plate (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix)

12 comments:

Sylvia said...

Jinny, This is a wonderful card, with great use of the colors! I love your dsp! Thanks for playing the colourQ challenge with us this wekk!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love that barn board paper. Fantastic design. :)

Jen said...

Fun and totally innovative. I adore the feel of this crafty bit of loveliness. The banner draped across the wood is so beach shack fab or cottage chic. Love this!

Noelle said...

This adorable, Jenny! I LOVE the way the clean pennants are juxtaposed with the rustic wood and I love how it is a "mailman happy" card! TFS! :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this!!!

Lynn said...

Love that barndoor paper too...fabulous! And the embossed background is perfect! Your creations are always so beautiful!

PS Thanks for picking my card for the Color Cue challenge!

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

Jinny - this project is amazing. I love the barn door paper...what a fantastic look. AWESOME! Thanks so much for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week. Your projects are always so inspiring!

Julia Aston said...

I'm with you - I love that barnboard paper - your blue banner looks wonderful against it! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Pam Speidel said...

PERFECT!! I hope she likes it as much as I do!! :)

PapierGirl said...

Oh my goodness I love this card! The barn board paper is the perfect backdrop for your darling stamped border - I can see why you can't get enough! Thank you for visiting my blog and for all your sweet comments - have a great weekend! :)

cbuswell said...

love the wood effect paper, great masculine card! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!

Savitri said...

adorable, girlie. such a clean design but with a lot of punch!!