DeNami Floral Frenzy Blog Hop

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Good morning, and welcome to DeNami Design's Floral Frenzy Blog Hop!
You should be arriving here via DeNami's Guest Designer Patti Goldman's blog, but if you want to start at the beginning or you get lost along the way, just head back to DeNami's blog link above.  With all that said, I'm, absolutely, thrilled to be participating, in the hop, this month!  Thanks ever so much, to Paulina and her talented crew of designers, for having me!  Plus, several of my design teammates have joined, as well, in anticipation of DeNami's upcoming sponsorship, this week, over at The Play Date Cafe.  Woohoo! 
I started, this card, by stamping the floral image in Daffodil Delight and Wild Wasabi inks and the "Thanks a Bunch" sentiment in Basic Black ink, both on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.
I, then, machine stitched a black-threaded, straight-stitch frame around the blossoms...
wrapped a black, gingham ribbon, around the card face; and tied it, in a bow, just right of center, before adhering the entire prepped piece to the Daffodil Delight, cardstock, card face.
Paper-pierced corners...
complete the look.
But since it was so, uber, sweet and simple, I turned it into a trio.  I never have enough thank you cards!  Although, these cuties may end up being packaged together, with envelopes, as a little gift in and of itself.  Anyway, each was made in the exact same way as the first, with the exception of swapping out the Daffodil Delight ink and cardstock for Tempting Turquoise and Pumpkin Pie inks and cardstock respectively.
My color inspiration came from ColourQ's Challenge #75.
Thanks so much for peeking in, ya'll!  Your next stop, on the hop, is the talented Tammy Hobbs.  Don't forget to leave some love as you go.  There are TWO, $20, DeNami, gift certificates being given to people who comment along the way.  Have fun, and enjoy your weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: blossoms & sentiment (DeNami) Paper: Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, & Basic Black (SU) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); paper piercing tool (SU); dimensionals (Scotch); gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

58 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

What a nice trio of thank youcards - and love the stitching.

Heidi said...

What a neat card!! I love the paper piercing, and your machine stitching is fabulous.

Andrea M said...

Jinny! These cards are AMAZING! I love the stitched border and the CAS design! Fabulous gingham ribbon!!! *SWOON* So glad you you could joined in on the floral frenzy!

Jeanie Callaghan said...

Very nice ideas here.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Great cards...I think my favorite is the yellow one!

Tina said...

Good job with the stitching. Very creative!

Karen B. said...

Love your creations, as always. They look great in a group together. The black gingham is a perfect touch!

Jess said...

Great card. I agree with Tina and think the stitching adds a lot.

Debbie said...

Oh so simple and sweet, Jinny! I adore that image and yummy gingham :)

Nicki S said...

These are PERFECT! I just love what you did here. So simple, but so awesome! I have that flower stamp, and never know how to use it, so thank you so much for the inspiration!

Carol Hartery said...

The stitching and the gingham ribbon totally make this card rock. What a great gift set!

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Lovely CAS card! I really like the stitched border, and the pierced paper around the corners. I love that you created a rainbow of colorful CAS cards! Absolutely stunning!

Christine Zani said...

Love the set! Great idea - thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Jinny, I love your stitching around the flower trio! That is a fabulous idea! Beautiful
card(s)!!

Christina said...

These are adorable, Jinny! I love the stitched frames and pierced corners. They all look so sweet together!

wendy said...

Adorable set of cards, great use of the colors! You are amazing with paper and that sewing machine.... curious as to how awesome you are with fabric. :-)

Tambo said...

Love the simplicity of this card and the stitching around the corners. TFS

Pam said...

Love this CAS card! So cute.

Kim said...

Very simple and pretty. I love your use of the colors and the ribbon is perfect.

Katrina said...

so simple, but so cute!!!! hugs, Katrina

Sheryl said...

This is such a sweet card, and SO versatile!

Marcie said...

Simple, but classy. Thanks for making it.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so love this card....and stamp!!! I also used this stamp too.....great minds......

Michele Gross said...

Oh Jinny, you've done it again! You've knocked my socks off! LOVE this card and the set is fab!!!

Lin said...

All of the attention to details combine to make a beautiful card!

Carol said...

I love these cards, they are cute! I love how you have them in diffeent colors! And the stitching is amazing!

Amy Smidebush said...

This is so cute, but so simple! Very sweet!

Sylvia said...

Very pretty, Jinny! Thanks for playing the colourQ challenge this week.

BunnyFreak said...

These are adorable with the stitching.

Tracey said...

GORGEOUS set of CAS cards Jinny!!!!

Linda said...

I love the stitching! A very cute, simple card!

Laurie said...

Hey! It's me! The most terrible blog friend ever! I am so happy to see you at the DeNami hop! Your card is so beautiful! I wish I had this flower stamp! I love the yellow base and the paper piercing! The stitching looks amazing too! I hope things are going well!

Karen McAlpine said...

Love this layout! The stitching really makes the design!!

kreativeimagination said...

Absolutely stunning cards. Love the color combo, the stamps and the stitching. Marvellous!!!
Can't wait to try out this..

syeda
syeda_lubabah@hotmail.com

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You and your sewing machine continue to impress me! Fun that you made a set of cards with the colors.

Karen said...

Great cards!

littlebitoftoto said...

love simple and sweet

Moira said...

Love this set of cards - so clean and simple! The colors remind me of Spring!

feedingthesoulwithart said...

Thank you for sharing your cards and joining in on the DeNami blog hop.

...:::Paulina:::... said...

Jinny, these are awesome! I love the way you incorporated some stitching along with some paper piercing into the cards!! I'm so excited for our sponsorship- I can't wait to see what you and the rest of the PDCC girls created!

Laura A. Gray said...

Jinny, your card is "uber sweet and simple" ! I love the colors (especially the trio), and I have that stamp and never used it...your card inspires me! The stitched border is cute! Way to go!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this cute card! Love the stitching around the flowers--the paper piercing....and I love love love this card! I do! FAB job!!!

Dana said...

EEEEK! Your stitched frame, the gingham ribbons, the pierced corners...AMAZING! I may be biased but the orange one is my fave. I {heart} this project.

Lisa R said...

Cute springy clean cards. Love them!

Cyndi S said...

Your set of cards are adorable. That would be a great gift.
cstephenson at q dot com

Kristy Smith said...

Jinny this is so great! I love the colored set (I'm really into card sets right now!), and you ALWAYS have beautiful stitching on your cards! You inspire me to learn to stitch on my cards!!!! =)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Great idea, these are so adorable

Sue Lelli said...

Jinny, YES yellow and black ROCKS! LOVE the stitched outlines for the flowers! LOVE that FAB ribbon! PRETTY card!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

loving this with all the diff color versions!!!

Mary said...

All of the cards on this blog hop are so simple and sweet, I just love them. Whether or not I win, I think I might have found a new place to shop in Denali!

Rae Ann said...

The stitching around the image really sets it off from the rest of the card. Love that gingham ribbon and all of the different color schemes.

Gayle C. said...

Jinny, Very sweet card and the stitching is an added treat.

Emily Keaton said...

So gorgeous in yellow, black, and white!

Julie Ranae said...

Such a sweet design, Jinny and of course, you KNOW I love ya!

~Tammy~ said...

Love this adorable card and set! Love the added stitching! Great design!

Lisa Petrella said...

Super duper cute card set, Jinny!!! LOVE the way you framed the flowers with the stitching!!!! And the paper piercing and gingham ribbon are fabulous details too!!!!

Shirley said...

Wonderful set of cards! Love the stitching! I love the blue one best.. though all of the them are beautiful!

Ruby said...

Love how you've done the stitching on these cards, they look great in each colour!! FAB!