DeNami Sketch Challenge #07 & CR84FN18

Friday, March 11, 2011

Good morning!  I don't know what it looks like in your neck of the woods, but here the sun is shinning; the birds are fluttering; the ground is beginning to dry out a bit; my hyacinths and lilies are peeking out of their winter beds; and it is, without a doubt, the beginning of spring.  What better time to show you all a little, floral creation than now!
I started, this card, by layering strips of orange and yellow, punched, across their bottom edges, patterned papers the length of the bottom of a piece of yellow, lace, patterned paper.
I, then, machine stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches, a double frame around the edges of the yellow, lace, patterned paper...
wrapped a length of yellow trim, horizontally, around its middle, right were the scallop layers meet the yellow, lace, patterned paper; and spun a length of hemp twine, three times, around its center.  The hemp twine was, then, tied, in a bow, after being laced with an orange button, and dressed up with a stamped, in Crumb Cake ink, on Whisper White cardstock, "Thanks a Bunch" sentiment, which was, in turn, hand cut out and adhered with dimensionals.
The entire, prepped piece was, then, adhered, with dimensionals, to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.  The stems of my flower bunch were hand-stitched, with Cappuccino twine, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and topped with yellow flower buttons, which were, also, stitched in place with Cappuccino twine, before being adhered, with dimensionals, just above the yellow trim, in the top center of the card face...
to complete the look.  I just love how the yellow flowers appear to be growing up from the yellow trim as if it were grass.  Scrumptious!
My inspiration, for this card, came from DeNami's Sketch Challenge #07...
and Create For Fun's Color Challenge #18.
I'm, also, beyond thrilled to tell you all that yesterday's creation was featured, on the CREATE: Blog, for Paige's CARDS: St. Patrick's Day Challenge.  Woohoo!  Thanks, as always, Paige!  LOVE to be a part of your line-ups!  And thanks so much, to all of you, for stopping by my little corner of the web.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and please, oh please, keep our friends in Japan and Hawaii and surrounding regions in your thoughts and prayers.  May God bless!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: sentiment (DeNami) Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, & orange polka dot & orange and yellow zig-zag patterned (SU); yellow lace patterned (Crate Paper); yellow polka dot patterned (October Afternoon); orange star & yellow text patterned (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Crumb Cake (SU) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); paper piercing tool, Scallop punch, & yellow flower buttons (SU); orange button (Paper Studio); hemp twine & yellow trim (Hobby Lobby); dimensionals (Scotch); Cappuccino twine (The Twinery)

17 comments:

Wendy said...

Gorgeous! Love all of your stitching, twine, and fun layers. Great job combining the challenges too!

...:::Paulina:::... said...

This is utterly amazing, Jinny. I cannot even begin to imagine how long this card took to create! All the details are perfect!

Thanks for joining us in the DeNami challenge!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love all those stunning layers and then that square of white. Your attention to detail on your cards always amazes me- the twine and the button, perfect!

Sue Lelli said...

Hi Jinny, LOVE all the scalloped layers and that yellow ruffle! LOVE the hand stitched stems and flower buttons! FAB card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Cute card Jinny! Lovin' the multi level scalloped border! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Gorgeous creation. Love the scalloped border, the flower buttons, and the twine. :) What a sweet design. Enjoy your weekend. :)

Karen B. said...

What a fun card, I especially like the gradient created with paper.

patti west said...

Jinny, this card is fabulous!! I don't know how you can stitch so straight! Love your layers of scallops - so lovely - and your little flower buttons w/the jute stitched stems & leaves - adorable!! I think I love every bit of this card. :) :)

Michele Gross said...

Jinny, its stunning! I adore all the little details you put into this card and it is a fantastic take on the sketch!! I'm so glad you came to play with us at DeNami Design :)

Emily Leiphart said...

This colours are so gorgeous, Jinny, and I love the way you put them together. Your attention to the little details is amazing! I really love the twine leaves and branches.

Andrea M said...

Jinny, this is MAGNIFICENT!!! WOW!!! Love the button and twine flowers, the double stitched border and the awesome scallops! WOW! Gorgeous take on the challenge colors and the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with DeNami Design and CR84FN!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jinny, I think you've got another winner with this card. :) So pretty with all those scallopy layers. I don't know how you find time to do all of your creations....you amaze me! (you must not need much sleep LOL)

Debgem said...

This is really super - love the layered borders. And the button flowers are so cute! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful card, Jinny! Lovin' all those layers of scallops, the stitching, the flower buttons and your twine stems and leaves---so creative! Thanks for playing along with us in the DeNami Sketch Challenge!!!

coKo said...

Hi Jinny, I really became a fan of your work. Would you be so kind and have a look to here : http://kartacoko.blogspot.com/2011/03/lamitie.html.
That's what inspired me your card. Hope you'll agree it...
Hope you understand a little bit french. My cards are always built up with a lot of recycled items like magazine pages or wall paper scraps. And, so you, I use my sewing machine, more for sewing paper than fibers ! and my inkjet printer makes stamps for me...
xoxoxox from France. coKo

Laurie said...

I am so loving these scallops and those little blooms! Your stitching is so perfect! I have missed so many gorgeous creations!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card Jinny!! So so pretty!! Congratulations on your win too! :o)