Jay Gee's Nook Challenge #5

Friday, March 4, 2011

Good morning!  I have a fun, little, CAS take, for you all, today, to start your weekend off right!
I started, this card, by machine stitching, with aqua-threaded, straight stitches, a triangle of aqua, texture, patterned paper to a triangle of yellow, pinwheel, patterned paper, which, too, was framed with more, aqua-threaded, straight stitches, before being adhered to the Whisper White, cardstock, card face.  I, then, white embossed the "Happy Birthday" sentiment in the bottom right corner.
The puff, on top of the party hat card, was made, with white yarn, using this Pom Pom Ornaments Tutorial from Live a Little Wilder; although, I changed it up a bit and only wrapped the yarn 50 times around my index and middle fingers, before tying and cutting.
I, then, thread about ten pistil stems in through the knot for added texture and dimension, before gluing it to the tip of my card face, to complete the look.
I know its uber simple, but it's, also, oh, so fun, especially for those little ones in your lives, so I thought that I'd share.  It stands approximately 7-1/2" tall.  You might be able to get away with a little smaller, but most of the size is to hold the weight of the pom pom.  Each layer is successively 1/2" smaller than the next, and I just scored and adhered the card front and back together at the tip.
My inspiration, for this card, came from Jay Gee's Nook Challenge #5.
I'm so thrilled, to tell you all, that this card made the CARDS: Shaped Challenge, on CREATE:, yesterday, too!  Eeek!  Thanks ever so much, Paige!  You all should, really, take some time to run check out all the fantastically shaped creations.  They're all so intricate and detailed!  So not like mine!  LOL!  Just gorgeous work!  So, that's all, for today, folks!  But I'll be back, tomorrow morning, with an Easter greeting for my very first Operation Write Home Bunny Hop Bloghop!  Yihoo!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and enjoy the start of your weekend, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: RetroGirly Birthday (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White (SU); pinwheel patterned (Cosmo Cricket); aqua texture patterned (DCWV Linen Closet Stack) Ink: VersaMark Other: aqua thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); white embossing powder (Ranger); yarn & pistil stems (Hobby Lobby)

7 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this and congrats on the CREATE Blog feature!!!

Jay Gee said...

Such a fun card Jinny and I love that pom pom! Big congrats on being featured over at CREATE. Thank you so much for entering your card into our challenge over at Jay Gee's :)

lynn said...

congrats--just saw this over at create--its the cutest thing, jinny!

Kim Ryden said...

I love the idea for the shape of this card! So cute! And the little pom pom on the top is the perfect touch!

Sarah Wilder said...

Thanks for the link to my blog! I wish I had the dedication to get into some card making and scrapbooking. Love your stuff!

Sarah
www.livealittlewilder.com

Jo said...

This is totally cute Jinny!

Ange Kelly said...

Wow! this card is awsome! thanks for playing along with us this month ... Ange