JBS Sunday Star: Sketch & MFW: Shimmer Mists

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Good morning!  We've been without power for the last hour, but it is up and running and toasting up the house once again.  Not sure what happened.  It does this once in a while and affects the whole neighborhood, but it's never out for more than a couple of hours.  Anyway, today, I have that layout I promised you all in yesterday's post.
I started, this layout, by laying a large doily near the left edge of my textured, aqua, cardstock, layout base and spritzing it with Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist.  I, then, removed the doily; spritzed, over the glimmer mist, with Riding Hood Red and Baja Breeze inks; layered several strips of patterned paper, as well as a punched piece of Riding Hood Red cardstock, near the left edge; and grounded them with random, black-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.
After adhering pictures, I stamped the world image, in Jet Black ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; distressed its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; colored it in with Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, & Baja Breeze inks; hand cut it out; and adhered it between the top corners of my right, two pictures.
I, then, created my "U COLOR MY WoRld" title with alpha stitches, the last half of which was anchored with a couple lengths of black-threaded, messy, straight stitches, whose ends I tied together.
The scallop shape was Cricut-cut from Whisper White cardstock; distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; adhered near the top right corner of the layout; machine stitched, around its edges, with black-threaded, straight stitches; and embellished with three crayons, bundled together with a length of white string.
An August 12, '10 date tab, tucked under the inside bottom edge of the far right photograph, completes the look.
I'm so, absolutely, thrilled, to tell you all, that this layout won, after being entered in the JBS Customer Gallery, this Sunday Star: Sketch Challenge, on the JBS Blog...
and although I don't recall if I've ever seen a layout recognized over in the Moxie Fab World, the Stamping With Shimmer Mists Challenge says you can enter one.  It inspired me to create said such, so, that's exactly what I'm doing with this fun layout, today.  I might, however, have to be back with a card entry soon, too.  Thanks, as always, for peeking in!  I'll be back, late tonight, with another fab, color story over in The Play Date Cafe.  Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday, ya'll!  Oh!  And I never got to tell you all that this card made the CARDS: Decorative Tape Challenge line-up over on the CREATE: Blog.  So exciting!  Thanks ever so much, Paige!  I'm so honored!  Okay, I'm, for real, leaving now.  LOL!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: You're Out of This World (Unity) Paper: Whisper White & Riding Hood Red (SU); textured aqua (Bazzill Basics); doily & swirl patterned (October Afternoon); strip patterned (Cosmo Cricket); doily (Wilton) Ink: Red Riding Hood, Old Olive, Baja Breeze, & Basic Black (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); green checkered alphas (Sassafras); yellow glitter Thickers (American Crafts); red alphas (Doodlebug Design); date tab (Crate Paper); Storybook Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft); Scallop punch & Color Spritzer tool (SU); Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); white string (Hobby Lobby); crayons (Crayola)

3 comments:

Monique said...

What a cute LO Jinny.. I love how you added the crayons...TFS!!

Laurel said...

Oh my goodness. This is absolutely adorable. I wish I could scrapbook! This layout rocks. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the crayons you added to the page! What a keepsake you have created!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for entering the Stamping with Shimmer Sprays Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)