OWH Bunny Hop Bloghop

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Good morning, and welcome to your 108th stop on the Operation Write Home (OWH) Bunny Hop Bloghop (ie little, `ol me)!  I am, completely, honored and uber excited to be participating in my first, OWH hop!  Part of my job, in doing so, is to notify you all of the March 18th deadline for Easter cards and the March 31st deadline for Mother's Day cards.  I'm, also, to share something I find interesting on the OWH website.  Well, my favorite part of the OWH website, by far, is the Our Heroes Inspire Us! page, because it does just that.  Thank you to all of our service men and women, past, present, and future, for all you do for me, my family, my friends, my church, and my country!  You all are true treasures!
I started, this card, by stamping the text, in Early Espresso ink, on a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock; dry embossing it, with small dots, for added texture; and distressing it with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.  Bashful Blue ink was rubbed over the tops of punched, scallop, half circles, on Whisper White cardstock, to create my sky.  I, then, punched both the green, floral and deep brown, patterned papers out with my grass punch; layered the deep brown behind the green floral, across the bottom of the sky piece, for added dimension; adhered it to the prepped, Certainly Celery, cardstock piece; and machine stitched, with light-blue-threaded, straight stitches, around its outside edges.
The butterfly was stamped, in Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango inks, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut out; and anchored, flying through the sky, just at its center, with light-blue-threaded, back-and-forth, straight, machine stitches.
A length of white lace was, then, wrapped around the top portion of the prepped piece.  I dressed the lace up by wrapping a Bashful Blue, taffeta ribbon over its center; tying it, in a bow, just right of center; and embellishing it with a green, flower button, laced with Honeydew twine, and a Cricut-cut, from Whisper White cardstock, tag, which was stamped, in Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue inks, with the "EASTER Blessings" sentiment.
The entire, prepped piece was, then, adhered, with dimensionals, to the Bashful Blue, cardstock, card face, to complete the look.
My color inspiration, for this card, came from ColourQ's Challenge #74.
That's all, for today, from here, ya'll!  I'd LOVE to hear what you think.  Thanks so much for peeking in!  Your next stop, on the hop, is the crafty Melissa.  And if you get lost along the way or you want to start at the beginning, you can get the complete list of participants at OWH: Stars & Stamps.  Have fun, and enjoy your weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Flora & Fauna I & Spring Post (Wplus9) Paper: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, & Whisper White (SU); deep brown patterned (Jenni Bowlin); green floral patterned (Paper Studio) Ink: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, & Early Espresso (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: light blue thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Grass punch (Fiskars); dimensionals (Scotch); white lace (Paper Studio); Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon, green flower button, & Small Dots Texturz Plate (SU); George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft); Honeydew twine (The Twinery); Big Shot (Sizzix)

64 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

OMG this is so beautiful!! Love the soft blue, with the lace!!! Gorgeous.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Jinny, Your card is so pretty! Happy hopping this weekend and God Bless you too :)

Robin said...

very pretty card
thanks for sharing it with us on the blog hop

Paula said...

Fabulous card! Such pretty details throughout the whole card that you have to study it a bit to appreciate it all. Thanks for hopping with OWH today.

Kimberly Johnson said...

TYFS your creations and participating in the OWH Blog Hop. :o)

Just A Pac Rat said...

Beautiful card!

circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

Dixie Cochran said...

A stunning card! I love everything about it, especially the lace. Thank you for sharing your talent with us on the hop!

Tereza Crump aka MyTreasuredCreations said...

such pretty card with so much light!! I wish I had time to participate in challenges, but for now my challenges are my custom orders. :) Thank you for taking time and using your creative talents to bless OperationWriteHome.

Susan said...

this is a beautiful card

Laurel said...

Oh my goodness. This is beautiful! I love your butterfly! Your Lace. Very pretty Jenny!

Operation Write Home said...

WOW! Amazingly beautiful Jinny, I love all your details!
Happy hopping!

Jen N. said...

Soooooo pretty!

ScrappnBee said...

this card is SO cute! Love the butterfly being sewn on! Happy Hopping!!!- Amanda (#61)

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Jinny, this is absolutely lovely--the ribbons are just divine!

Samantha said...

Totally GORGEOUS!! I love your stitched butterflies! Your clouds are prefect!

Cora said...

My favorite part of this card is the sky. You did such a marvelous job on it. You need to do a tutorial. Thanks for sharing this lovely creation

rstuck2003 said...

Gorgeous card, love the butterfly, thanks for sharing.

Scrapacat said...

Beautiful work, as always! I'm glad you joined us on this hop. ♥ky

RhondaG -the stampin' bunny said...

Beautiful card and wow! What meticulous stitching...well done!

Teresa said...

Very pretty! Love the lace on it--! wouldn't have thought of using lace like that.

Redonna said...

Beautiful card! TFS

Lisa said...

So incredibly fabulous!!!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jinny! Love that butterflies and your clouds. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge again this week.

Erika said...

Beautiful! And as a military wife, let me say thank you for donating your creations to OWH!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Cyndi S said...

Gorgeous card, thank you for sharing it.
cstephenson@q.com

Michelle Single said...

Absolutely fabulous! Every single element is perfect!

Christine said...

great card - LOVE the stitching and different colors of grass - TFS and joining the hop =)

April B. said...

Great use of stitching!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card!


--Cheryl--

Adele said...

Very classy looking card. Somebody is going to be very lucky to receive this one!

BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

Thanks for doing this Hop for OWH
Have a wonderful Day… HOPPY Easter to You!
Come and BEE a follower on my blog
http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com
Rebecca Minor
buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Shirley said...

Love!! your card. The color combination is beautiful.
delgador at bellsouth dot net

Misty said...

OH! That is Just Lovely! Thank you!

Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Mindy said...

I think this is one of my very favorite cards on the hop ! thank you!!
Mindy

Lone Pine Designs said...

This is such a pretty Easter card!

SueB said...

Gorgeous card - Thanx for the inspiration!

LeAnne said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the sentiment tag and your clouds---well, everything! Thanks for playing with us at the CQC this week!

Monique said...

*THUD* wow Jinny what a beautiful card.. Love how you have sewn threw the butterfly, the clouds, lace, colors everything.. Just stunning :)

Ann said...

A stunning card. I love everything about it!!

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Beautiful card. I love the lace and the ribbon. I also like the butterfly -- very nice. Thanks for sharing.

ediehardy said...

Absolutely. Gorgeous. LOVE your blog and your amazing card! God bless!

MomsBeenScrappin said...

Be-u-ti-ful! Just a stunning card:)

AllisonG said...

What a beautiful spring card!

Love the pics of your family on your sidebar, too. Gorgeous kids!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a gorgeous card. TFS.

Anita S. said...

very pretty card - thanks for playing along at cQc

Dean and Heather said...

You are an amazing card maker. I love all the details.

MelissaS said...

I love this card! The pretty lace and bow, your adorable patterned grass and that beautiful butterfly. Thanks for sharing :)

Amy said...

Really beautiful card -- Such attention to detail!! Thanks so much for sharing your card in the OWH Bunny Hop!!

Happy to be your newest follower...
Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
scrapbookingwithamy (at) gmail (dot) com

Wendy said...

This is so pretty. The lace up top with the ribbon is nice soft touch.

Sandra Farrell said...

Wow - fabulous work. Cool idea with the ribbon, thanks for sharing and thanks for joining us at CQC this week.

The Stamper's Touch said...

This is one beautiful card!!!! Hooray for stitching!!!!

Linda

GrammaR said...

Beautiful, beautiful card. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Christina said...

I love the little scene you've created on this card! The sponged sky is amazing, and that orange butterfly just pops! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ again this week!

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Jinny! It's nice to "meet" you at the OWH Bunny Hop. Your card is so gorgeous. I studied all the beautiful details. I pretty much taught myself cardmaking, and I'm still learning from crafters like you! Hope you visited my blog, too; I'm giving away a children's book I wrote.

Elise said...

I'm sorry to have to say this to you, dear Jinny... {no pressure, or anything...} THIS might just be the MOST exquisite card - I HAVE EVER SEEN! Seriously! The details, the beauty of the design - THAT SKY! PLUS, you know that I'm a stickler for a great "scene" card - GASP! It's pure perfection! Yipeeee!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHH! I love this card! This is super gorgeous! Love the stitching...and I love the colors--you rock:)

Cut n Paste said...

You had me at the lace...but then all the stitching and detail work!!! Gorgeous!

Yolanda said...

Love your card. It is very fresh and the lace and ribbon are the perfect touches.

Kate said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Jinny! I love the way you stitched the butterfly. It looks stunning! The whole card has come together perfectly.

Julie said...

Beautiful card, Jinny. I love that little button - perfect finishing touch.

Patricia H said...

Wow - what a fantastic card! The stitching, the butterfly, the lace and the ribbon are all marvelous!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a beautiful card, Jinny! I love the little daisies in the grass and the colors are so springy!

Susan said...

Beautiful cards!! wow :)
Susan