PDCC71

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #71!  It's Color Splash Week, which means we're looking for scrumptious, black and white entries with a splash of color.  And, this week, you get to pick your splash!  Too fun!
Our sponsor, for this week, is The Twinery...
with a Colorful Bunch Sampler Pack, which includes all eleven twine colors, even the three, new, Honeydew, Charcoal, and Blossom, colors, up for grabs for one, special winner.  We're lucky enough to have The Twinery's very own Julie Ranae as our fearless leader in The Cafe.  So, please, be sure to leave her some extra love, for all her hard work, this week. 
So, I'm getting really good at not being so good at splashes, despite how much I LOVE these weeks.  My takes, almost, always end up being soaks.  LOL!  Check it out!
I started, this layout, by adhering the blueprint paper, that my hubby brought home from work for me to use (So in love with this look!), to the Only Orange, cardstock, layout base; distressing its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and machine stitching, with black-threaded, straight, messy stitches, around its outside edges.  I, then, adhered several strips of orange, patterned papers, haphazardly, near the bottom of the layout and anchored them with black-threaded, straight and zig-zag, machine stitches, before adhering my pics.
A couple of black eyelets were, then, set, near either edge of the layout, over the patterned, paper strips and laced with a length of Mandarin twine, from The Twinery, which was tied, in a bow, just right of horizontal center.
My "FUTURE builder?" title was created from black alphas.
And, finally, an "AUG" Bingo Card tab and an orange, "100% HANDMADE" sticker, both of which were adhered to the right of my far right photograph and the latter of which was anchored with a few staples, complete the look.
You have until Tuesday, March 8, 2011, at 11:59 pm EST, to link up your takes.  Can't wait to see what color you choose!  Before you're off to getting crafty with it, please be sure to check out what gorgeous creations the rest of the team has, for you all, today.  And have a fabulous day!

Julie Ranae
Sarah Anderson
Savannah O'Gwynn
Ruby McGuire
Andrea Ewen
Colleen Dietrich
Fiona Shultz
Jaclyn Miller
Libby Hickson
Michele Gross

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Only Orange & orange polka dot patterned (SU); orange star patterned (Jenni Bowlin); orange damask patterned (The Girls' Paperie); blueprint (my hubby) Ink: Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); "100% HANDMADE" sticker & black eyelets (SU); Mandarine twine (The Twinery); staples & stapler; Bingo Card (Jenni Bowlin); black alphas (Basic Grey); black foam Thickers (American Crafts)

14 comments:

Fiona said...

Awesome LO Jinny! so bright! I am loving that paper as well, and all your black stitching detail - scrumptious :)

Smita said...

Lovely inspiration, Jinny! Love the little builder... she is adorable ;-)

Jaclyn Miller said...

That blueprint paper is so neat - perfect for your LO. You've created perfection again! Btw, I won the WPlus9 release this month; yippee!!!!! Can't wait to get inky with them.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

I so love the splashes of orange. The title is awesome too. :)

Monique said...

Another great LO Jinny.. Your little girl steals the show :)... Love how you have used the Yummy Twine !! :)

Michele Gross said...

Love that fun paper! So perfect for your layout which is really stinkin' cute!!

Michele said...

Love LOVE LOVE this layout! Your details, your creativity, All so very CLEVER and full of inspiration! Thank you for sharing!

Ruby said...

This is fab Jinny! I love how you've done all your stitching and the bright colours against the black and white, great job!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'll tell ya, you are amazing with scrapbook layouts, Jinny. I always marvel at what you can do with some photographs! This is so cute.

Maria said...

An adorable layout of your little girl! Love the paper and the twine...really cute...great job!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fun LO! I love that you used orange for your daughter! I never think of orange as girly--but now I do:) LOVE it! You inspire me!! You always rock your LOs--beautifully done;)

Benzi said...

I love that blueprint paper as a background for your adorable builder. What a fun page and awesome memories.

Libby Hickson said...

Another SUPER adorable layout Jinny! Oh how I wish I could scrapbook like you!!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super cute, Jinny, your daughter is absolutely adorable! Great use of the twine and also all of the other spectacular details you've added. Love this stitching and the stapling of the die cuts. Awesome work...