PDCC72

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #72!
Our sponsor, for this week, is Wilson Designs....
with an Everything's Owlright stamp set prize for one, talented winner.  How fun!
Oh, my gracious!  I cannot tell you all how much the above graphic, completely, inspired me!  I, even, went out and purchased a few, new paints just for this project.  Check it out!
I started, this layout, by painting the Whisper White, cardstock, layout base with Peach Foam, acrylic paint.  I, then, mixed Red Apple and Ballet Pink, acrylic paints together to get the deep, coraly-pink color and painted it, over the Peach Foam, right down the center of the layout.  A little Winter White, acrylic paint, was, also, mixed in, just to soften the whole look a bit.  The entire layout was, then, spritzed with Jack Frost Glimmer Mist, before I cut the center of my fabric, circle sun; layed it in the center of the layout, over all my painty, spritzy goodness; gave it a few, randomly-lengthed, fabric rays; and machine stitched it all down with blue-threaded, zig-zag stitches.
After adhering pictures, I created my title work from a stamped, in Basic Black ink, "you are my sunshine", partial title...
and blue, black, white, and, even, polka dot, alpha, sticker, "even When UR FEELING blue" completed title.
A hand-written, in Basic Black ink, November 29, 2007 date; "People seem to get nostalgic about a lot of things they weren't so crazy about the first time around", cardstock, sticker subtitle; and a stamped, in Rose Red ink, on Whisper White cardstock, bird, which was, also, embellished with a black, crystal eye; hand cut out; and adhered, with dimensionals, perched atop the subtitle sticker, complete the look.
That's all, from here, for today, but I'm sure that my design team mates have lots of scrumptious, papercrafty creations in store for you all.  So, please, be sure to stop by their blogs.  Then, you have until Tuesday, March 15, at 11:59 pm EST, to link up your entries.  Have fun, and until next time, have a blessed week!

Julie Ranae
Sarah Anderson
Savannah O'Gwynn
Ruby McGuire
Andrea Ewen
Colleen Dietrich
Fiona Shultz
Jaclyn Miller
Libby Hickson
Michele Gross
Tracy Kuzniak
AND please help us welcome this week's Guest Designer, Julie Day!  Julie is the definition of a faithful and enthusiastic player of the PDCC, and her perfectly created, CAS designs bring me back, to her blog, for inspiration, again and again.  So good to have you, Julie!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: The Birds & the Bees (Wplus9); bird (Inkadinko) Paper: Whisper White (SU) Ink: Basic Black & Rose Red (SU) Other: blue thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); fabric (Joann Fabrics); Peach Foam, Apple Red, Ballet Pink, & Winter White acrylic paints (FolkArt); Jack Frost Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); cardstock subtitle sticker (October Afternoon); dimensionals (Scotch); black crystal (Prima); blue polka dot puffy alphas (Making Memories); white polka dot alphas (Doodlebug Design); white chipboard & blue foam glitter Thickers (American Crafts); black alphas (Basic Grey)

10 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE! I love that I'm not the only one who goes out and buys new things just for a challenge piece;) I love that sunburst--the letters--that birdie--just love the whole thing! This is a great LO! Fabulously done:) ROCKIN the challenge!!!

Fiona said...

Jinny - what a lot of work must have gone in to this project!! Love it - that sun burst is such a fantastic feature :)

Michele Gross said...

Jinny its fabulous! Love the combination of paint and fabric and stitching!! Look at you going all mixed media on us! :) Super great layout!!

Libby Hickson said...

Oh my gosh Jinny this is sooooooo wonderful!!! We were both inspired to get out the paint! I couldn't love this layout more than I do, it is pure perfection - so well done, my talented friend!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

WOWZA...Fab design. Love the colors & that sunburst. :)

Michele said...

Jinny; You are a professional! I can not express how happy I am to have found your blog and how grateful I am to soak up some of your gorgeous inspiring artwork! I have never used paint or fabric before on a layout ... but I'm feelin' pretty inspired! I love that you share layouts too as I have gotten really caught up in card making lately and am trying to focus on scrapbooking this year. It's great to see your fabulous ideas and pages. Thank YOU! Your new biggest fan, Michele :)

Julie Day said...

Another painted project! LoVe it! This makes me want to do a layout now with paints (can't remember the last time I made one of those lol) Love all the different elements you used and the colors to tie it all together :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

These blue rays mimic our inspiration pic so perfectly! ANd you've got another awesome page for your scrapbook.

Ruby said...

This is fab Jinny, I really need to get into using paints, I bought some the other day, must play!!!! Sorry it's taken me so long to pop by!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a beautiful layout with some darling pictures! I can see that you put a lot of heart and soul into your creations and it definitely shows! A wonderful design and a super array of charming details make this a delight for the eyes.