Sketches in Thyme #39 & CCG183

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It actually looks as though the weather might turn into something beautiful and spring-like today!  Woohoo!  We, desperately, need to get our vegetable garden planted, but it's been so wet and muddy, and I'm still seeing an awful lot of frost in the mornings.  This will only be our third year with a vegetable garden, and we've had a lot of success with the others, and I always feel as though we're starting later than everyone else.  So, I guess, we'll just do what we can, when we can and hope for the best.  Anyway, I have a fun layout to share, with you all, today.
I started, this layout, by adhering all my patterned, paper squares and pics, in the grid design, on the textured, Crumb Cake, cardstock, layout base and machine stitching, with black-threaded, straight stitches, a triple frame around their edges.
I, then, created my "free spirit", title cluster with a "JULY" Bingo card, doily transparency, journaling card, and alpha stickers.  The "free" part of my title was, also, anchored with black-threaded, straight, messy, machine stitches, whose loose ends I tied in a knot to either side of it.
A column of sticker flags, anchored with turquoise buttons, wrapped in hemp twine...
and a stamped, in Basic Black ink, on Pumpkin Pie cardstock, butterfly image, which was, also, hand cut out; detailed with a white gel pen; adhered, near the top left corner, with dimensionals; and embellished with a butterfly button, prep the layout for journaling.
Finally, my journaling strips were cut from Very Vanilla cardstock and read, Once you were potty-trained, keeping you clothed was next to impossible.  7.19.10.
My inspiration, for this layout, came from Sketches in Thyme's Challenge #39...
and Color Combos Galore's Inspiration Board #183.
Before I run, I'm so excited, to tell you all, that this creation was named a Trigger Target in the Moxie Fab World!  Woohoo!  Thanks, Cath!
Oh!  And one, more, fun pic of me and my big kiddo just because.  We both had dentist appointments yesterday morning.  So, my hubby came home to watch Adina, and Ezekiel and I got to go out to lunch, to the restaurant of his choice, after.  Well, at the dentist, he got a free ice-cream certificate to McDonald's, so that's where he wanted to go.  Bummer for me, being a demi-vegetarian, but who was I to deny such trivialities.  LOVE him soooo much!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'll be back, late tonight, with my take on a gorgeous, new, color story in The Play Date Cafe.  Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Flora & Fauna I (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, & Very Vanilla (SU); all patterned (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); hemp twine (Hobby Lobby); turquoise & butterfly buttons (Jesse James & Co. Grandma's Grab Bag); sticker flags, Bingo card, & black alphas (Jenni Bowlin); doily transparency (Maya Road); journaling card (Scenic Route); black foam Thickers (American Crafts); white gel pen (SU); dimensionals (Scotch)

10 comments:

Dana said...

Your LOs always leave me feeling satisfied. I'm full! Nothing is ever wanting.
I must admit to being shocked that a dentist would give out free icecream certificates, but glad you and the handsome little man had fun!
I'm curious about the demi-vegetarian comment...never heard of that before!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful layout. Love all of the different papers and that gorgeous butterfly. :)

Dawnll said...

Oh how I love the yummy papers and great embellishments...those pictures are priceless
Thank you for joining us this week at
sketches In Thyme
Hope you come back real soon.

Tanya R said...

LOVE the stitching, the layers, the twine in the buttons. Oh so yummy!
Thank you for playing with SIT this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Your layouts always impress me, love it on kraft and I think it's fun to celebrate naked little people!

Fern said...

Beautiful layout!!! Amazed at all of the details you've added... And your photos are just precious!!!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!! Hugs!!!

Fiona said...

Jinny this LO is stunning! Absolutely love it. Love the punchy black doiley, the buttons and the paper combos :)

Joni Parker said...

Beautiful layout!! Congrats!! Thanks for playing along at Sketches in Thyme!

Tammy said...

Oh my word!! I love everything about this layout! No wonder it received some honours!! My favourite part has to be that gorgeous triple stitch border!! I MUST try that! I also love your combination of patterned paper--superb! Wonderful Jinny!!!!!

tiffany said...

stunning layout- so many gorgeous details. I can see why they chose you as a Trigger Target! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany DT