Sketchy Thursdays & TCR #48

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What a gloomy morning it is around our house!  Putting the dark, damp weather aside, both of my kiddos started feeling icky last night, with runny noses, sneezing, and low-grade temperatures.  Poor things!  It all came out of nowhere, too!  Then, Adina was up and down half the night, and BJ and I both feel like we've been hit by a train this morning.  Ugh!  Hopefully, it all will be short-lived and forgotten before we know it.  All that said, I do have a fun layout, for you all, today.
I started, this layout, by adhering 2" squares of various, patterned papers, in a grid pattern, to the center of the Pretty in Pink, cardstock, base page.  I, then, hand-stitched a few, random, red, embroidery floss stitches between them; adhered a couple of punched strips of patterned paper and a scallop, cardstock die-cut, haphazardly, near their base...
and journaled, in Early Espresso ink, around their edges, For some strange reason, it's really important for the Newlins to like pickles.  Fortunately, for us both, it's not so much for the Greens.  Love it!  May 15 '10.
A little distressing, of the layout's edges, with Ivory White, acrylic paint and a "what a prepicklement" title, which was made from white, foam and red and orange, glitter alphas, complete the look.  I have to give all the credit for that title to my fellow, PDCC, design teammate, Jaclyn Miller, though.  She is AMAZING at coming up with these catchy titles!  I'm telling you, so much so, she could make big bucks!  Thanks, Jax!
My inspiration, for this layout, came from Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch...
and The Color Room's Palette #48: {Family Room}.  Here's another, color palette that I never would've come up with on my own, and I'm loving ever ounce of it!  Plus, it's easy to tell, from that photograph, where my patchwork-inspired creation came from.
That's all, for now, from my neck of the woods!  But I'll be back, late tonight, with another, scrumptious, color story in The Play Date Cafe!  Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Pretty in Pink & pink floral patterned (SU); red graphic patterned & red distressed (Cosmo Cricket); orange grid-like patterned (October Afternoon); deep brown music patterned (Jenni Bowlin); orange polka dot patterned (Sassafras) Ink: Early Espresso (SU) Other: red embroidery floss (DMC); Ivory White acrylic paint (FolkArt); white foam Thickers (American Crafts); red glitter alpha (KI Memories); orange glitter alphas (Sassafras); paper-piercing tool (SU); die-cut scallop (Basic Grey); edger punch (EK Success); Threading Water Border punch (Fiskars)

8 comments:

lisa said...

LOVE this page so so much. Love the paint, the grid, the way you've journaled. FAB!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Jinny! I love it all but especially the painted edges.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Awww this is so cute. The photos are adorable. :)

Keshet said...

This is really pretty! Love your colors and design! Thanks for joining us at ST this week:)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOVE that you used this title! I was secretly voting for this one! Super pretty LO--great job with these colors! I wish I could do LOs like you! Inspired;)

Jaclyn Miller said...

It turned out great Jinny! I love how you put that title in different colors and sizes - and its glittery! You are so talented with LO's...and you're so sweet for your kind words. :)

Libby Hickson said...

Love seeing how this turned out Jinny, after following your conversation with Jax! So, so cute!! What a face! :-)